• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi guys - question on spark plug tube seat in head

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
5:02 AM
Reaction score
Pulled my left valve cover again today to try to seal up the gasket again and for the first time happened to notice one of my tube seats in the head looked like it was missing an o-ring or seal at the top - compared to the other ones. After taking a picture and enlarging it I now don’t think it is missing a seal - I think it’s just a different type of seal probably. The finish is a little different from the others.

So, just out of curiosity I thought I would ask now to see if anyone can identify them from this top view - Moroso, Milodon, Mopar, Ray Barton, ?? The purple-ish one is the odd ball one the other 3 on this side are like the right one.

thanks

IMG_1200.jpeg

Purple one is Milodon, never seen the other one.

I think the one on the right is Keith Black.

Damn they come in multiple colors, mine are red on my un-installed Hemi.
Resized_20210603_082743.jpeg

Keith Black maybe - OK thanks

Went back through my pictures and it looks like there is one Milodon in the back of the right head too. So yes, some mix and match. Hadn‘t noticed them before. With new tubes they seem to seal fairly well - at least until I pull the plugs out. But I guess some oil collects in the bottom of the seat, behind the tube.

thanks

IMG_0823.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back