• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi Milodon blue spark plugs tube seals installation. Need some recommendations.

davescuda

Local time
2:40 AM
Reaction score
A little help needed here. I am installing the Milodon tube seals in my mopar Hemi performance heads. It looks like the heads are not machined (open) enough for the step in the blue seal tube. I would think step in the tube would sit flush on the head. Any recommendations
I took some pictures, not the easiest to get a good one. But I think the last one show what’s happening.
Thanks

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

I took the tube out and you can see where it’s hitting. I don’t think these are usable unless I am machine them down.

image.jpg

You are correct, that is not how the factory iron heads are. I have the Milodon tube seals just like your and did not have any issue installing.

I just read that the Mopar performance aluminum heads, and the Edelbrock heads are not machined in that area so they can’t be used.
Thanks

I just read that the Mopar performance aluminum heads, and the Edelbrock heads are not machined in that area so they can’t be used.
Thanks
Let me know if your not going to do the machining if they are for sale

Those tubes stay above the head to prevent oil from going into the plug opening. Without them when you pull the plugs and start the engine you'll be blowing out a lot of blue smoke. I did mine 21 years ago and don't remember having a problem, but I have stock cast iron heads on a 472. I don't even know if they were stepped like that.

Auto Transport Service
Back