• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HEMI install from the bottom

Bottoms up....

Thats the best way to go about a mopar engine install..... and the ONLY sane way to install a Hemi.

Heres a shot of the procedure with my brothers 68. We just used an extra pair of bumper brackets and a chain fall to lift the body and a shop crane base to support the eng/trans....Not a scratch......!!!!!

Attachments

• upandunder (Large).JPG
    upandunder (Large).JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 153
  • backhomeagain (Large).JPG
    backhomeagain (Large).JPG
    107.6 KB · Views: 172
  • 68 charger 002 (Large).jpg
    68 charger 002 (Large).jpg
    133.1 KB · Views: 150
Your saying its a Coronet? The roofline sure looks like a Charger.

The red car is a Charger, and yes, I have more pics of it. Stu is thinking of my other HEMI car - a yellow 66 4 spd Belvedere that he unknowingly led me to finding. The story is kind of funny actually. He made a post about a 69 HEMI block for sale and I happened to see the post at that particular time. I read the block description and in the questions part, the last question, there was an inquiry about what other HEMI parts the guy had. The answer was a project 66 Bel that MIGHT be for sale. Since the owner listed his number in the add I called and it took off from there. It was meant to be is all I can say.

Thats the best way to go about a mopar engine install..... and the ONLY sane way to install a Hemi.

Heres a shot of the procedure with my brothers 68. We just used an extra pair of bumper brackets and a chain fall to lift the body and a shop crane base to support the eng/trans....Not a scratch......!!!!!

Gorgeous car! Thanks for the pics.

Auto Transport Service
Back