• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi Main Bearing Cap Puller Info Needed

Ya know,. .... You're 'bout as old as yo attitude, interests & activities.....Don't even remember my profile entries or where to even find it, but BD = '49,....so that mystery solved....So far, #3 cap Is a real Pia & No joy on getting that thrust cap moved & sure Don't want to hurt anything....Commensing Plan B. & fabbing up a simple smooth & safe Extractor of sorts..... Have good expectations & we'll see how it works out .. .
Like I said, rubber mallet back and forth... You may need to grab it and pull up on it while hitting it. It will come off.

Success !!! Had some time to fab up some 1/4" steel flats with 1/2" threaded rod & 3/8" bolts into a Cap Puller.....Just a few turns on the threaded rod nuts each side & pulled #3 Thrust straight Up & out !! Smooth & clean...

Thx guys for all the good Suggestions !! A pair of 3 ft 1/2" Rods Did get the #'s 1 & 5 caps off neatly with little effort & no hammering......A fabbed up simple threaded rod based Puller worked fabulous to smoothly pull the #'s 2, 3 & 4 caps without any wiggling or hammering.....This usual Pia procedure is especially difficult on this very low milage (10k) '69 factory motor & I'm not exactly 20 anymore !!

Remember they go back in one way, no turning them around.:D

Thx for that helpful reminder, Fran.....I believe the correct Cap orientation is the Cap's locator tab end usually mates with the Block's Tab side..... Usually same for Rod caps....

Auto Transport Service
Back