• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi motor mount holes in block?

AR67GTX

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:50 AM
Reaction score
Are some or all of the motor mount bolt holes in the side of the block drilled clear through? I keep finding a drip of oil hanging on the curved bottom of the right mount plate and I cant figure out where it’s coming from. I have dye in the oil and nothing is coming down from above - valve cover, intake China wall, distributor, fuel pump, pump rod plug, timing cover, front seal - all dry and no dye. About all I’m left with is possibly oil wicking out a motor mount bolt. Older photo but the darker spot on the bottom is where it’s always showing up.

IMG_0803.jpeg

Yes, they are. All six mounting the mounts to the block. 3 on each side. Just use some thread sealant on each bolt.

That’s what I was afraid of. Pretty tight getting to them with the engine in the car. I’ll have to see what I can do.

Thanks

Auto Transport Service
Back