• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi Swap Price Tag?

Have you looked into the specs of the NV3500? Their only rated at about 300 lb ft torque capacity. the 5.7 puts out around 380. You can make it work but I'd be worried about being to hard on it.

Have you looked into the specs of the NV3500? Their only rated at about 300 lb ft torque capacity. the 5.7 puts out around 380. You can make it work but I'd be worried about being to hard on it.

Yep, am well aware. I explained this in another thread of mine how I came to the decision. Basically I know its not going to last 40 years behind the hemi but I paid less then the cost of a bell housing for any other option. This car is going to be something I drive around town, to a couple of shows and just enjoy on the street. The hemi is staying stock for now and its not going to be a pro-street drag car by any means. So it should hold up until phase 2. Phase 2 will eventually be a new cam, T-56 or TR-6060, 4 link and gearing. But I just want to get this thing drivable so I can enjoy it while i save for the good parts.

Auto Transport Service
Back