• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hemi timing

We've had about 5 pertronix units on the dyno over the years and not one of them made a successful pull.
Well that's not good, what was the problem? I have had a distributor rebuilder say the same thing, he's said he can usually get points to out perform pertonix. Problem these days is trying to find a good quality set of points. Most replacements are the cheaply plastic types that have terrible spark scatter. I was intrigued at the pertonix with the rev limiter. We'll see, if it doesn't work, it will go back to points

They wouldn't carry a decent spark and wouldn't rev very well and definitely wouldn't carry a load on the dyno. No idea why, but every time we'd switch back to an MSD or an MP ignition and problem solved. I rework a fair amount of MP dizzys to have the curve I want and then I use an MSD box. The 6AL can't be beat for a street car.

Auto Transport Service
Back