• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here is why you should be ashamed if you own a ferrari

Michael_

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
10:50 AM
Reaction score

What else to expect from a company that sells outrageously expensive "premium" cars where you have to remove the engine
in order to change the timing belt.
I set "premium" in quotes because it's embarrassing to even consider using a timing belt in cars this expensive if you ask me.
USE A F***ING TIMING CHAIN!!!
But of course they want to rip you off with overpriced labor and parts which they can't do with a maintenance free chain.

This goes great with suing people for laughable reasons.

Last edited by a moderator:
But of course they want to rip you off with overpriced labor and parts which they can't do with a maintenance free chain.
I think that Ferrari use a timing belt because they are much quieter than a chain.

And we all know that Ferrari's are very quiet cars. :rolleyes:

The timing belt might last longer than the rest of the engine.:rolleyes:

Speaking of "supercars", the C8 uses timing chains. Get this though, you have to place the car on a lift and lower the engine to remove and replace the accessory belts. :eek:

What else to expect from a company that sells outrageously expensive "premium" cars where you have to remove the engine
in order to change the timing belt.
I set "premium" in quotes because it's embarrassing to even consider using a timing belt in cars this expensive if you ask me.
USE A ******* TIMING CHAIN!!!

This goes great with suing people for laughable reasons.

I guess you have a hard on for Ferrari? Good you got this off your chest. I don't have to worry about anything Ferrari does as I couldn't afford one if I wanted to.

I guess you have a hard on for Ferrari? Good you got this off your chest. I don't have to worry about anything Ferrari does as I couldn't afford one if I wanted to.

This video really got me mad.
C'mon man, they are even suing their own customers. (Because they did not like how someone customized his ferrari for example)

Disgusting snobs which can't even win against a ford.

Edit:

And you do not even necessarily need to own a ferrari in order to get sued by them.
Better watch out that there is no ferrari in the background when taking a picture. :D

Last edited:
Ask guys with Ford Ecoboost 3.5L trucks how maintenance free their T-chains are !!

Coming from the guy with a $6,000 office chair....
Maybe spend less time worrying about Ferrari and get your own belts in order (and alignment).

Ask guys with Ford Ecoboost 3.5L trucks how maintenance free their T-chains are !!

A 3.5L Ford Ecoboost Truck is not exactly a 6 figure supercar.
But its known for quite a while now that modern timing chains are low quality and stretch. Does not have to be that way and isn't exactly "eco".
Unfortunately quality goes down and prices up everywhere you look.

Coming from the guy with a $6,000 office chair....

Which i paid 1500$ for.

download (37).jpg

What's the cost of each ? Performance per dollar ? The corvette is the best performance per dollar. Not even close. I blew away a Ferrrari in a friends' Vette. and I ain't no Ronnie Sox.

What's the cost of each ? Performance per dollar ? The corvette is the best performance per dollar. Not even close. I blew away a Ferrrari in a friends' Vette. and I ain't no Ronnie Sox.
You didn't mention performance per $. The Porsche wins every time.

If you can buy a new Ferrari you can pay for the labor of the timing belt, this is not a car you can fix in your garage and Ferrari know it, this are not daily driven cars, week end luxury that's what they are, besides I would not be ashamed if I own a Ferrari, the fact that you can buy one means that you can buy another.

my quote : "performs way less for the money." ... and, again, I'll disagree with you... performance per dollar ?? really ? the cost & maintenance on a Porsche? vs. a Corvette ? come on, man ( As sleepy joe would say )... there's no way the cost of buying and maintaining a Porsche would be as cost-effective as a Vette.

I recall doing an exhaust system on a Porsche in the 70's, it was like $6000... meanwhile the same job on a corvette wasn't even a grand...

my quote : "performs way less for the money." ... and, again, I'll disagree with you... performance per dollar ?? really ? the cost & maintenance on a Porsche? vs. a Corvette ? come on, man ( As sleepy joe would say )... there's no way the cost of buying and maintaining a Porsche would be as cost-effective as a Vette.
You buy that plastic POS!! I will stick with German engineering on the greatest sports car ever built.

Auto Transport Service
Back