• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here's a novel idea....

I bet there are no red X's thrown in the blue forum, lol....if that happens we are doomed.......

I have thrown a few and explained a few....the ones who got hit are the typical douchebags that get the big ole red X from others.....

Another topic should be "Posting Pictures". Not in relation to newbies but to people that are long time members/longer than a newbie here. Asking for help or pointing something out but can't take less than a minute to take a pic and post.....who wants to sit there and play ping pong with posts trying to figure something out? When most time a simple Pic can nail the problem to a viewer.....

It's almost 2018 figure it out.....

I have do honestly say that I've NEVER seen a post on here with the big red X. Never saw it before this thread. And only just noticed where it is.

Anyhow, if you don't like how its used, why not eliminate it, there's no 2nd ammendment to worry about !!

I really don't have all that much of an opinion on this, but let me play the devil's advocate here. If you don't have to leave an explanation of "WHY" you "like" or "agree" with a post, why should you have to leave a reason why you disagree with it? If it is believed that there SHOULD be an explanation, make the dislike button trip a pop up window that HAS to be filled in with a reason for the dislike to be accepted and posted. Just a thought. Standing by for the disagrees to appear.

I really don't have all that much of an opinion on this, but let me play the devil's advocate here. If you don't have to leave an explanation of "WHY" you "like" or "agree" with a post, why should you have to leave a reason why you disagree with it? If it is believed that there SHOULD be an explanation, make the dislike button trip a pop up window that HAS to be filled in with a reason for the dislike to be accepted and posted. Just a thought. Standing by for the disagrees to appear.
Agree 100%. Why cant we just hit the disagree and move on. It aint that big of a deal if someone disagrees. Talk about snowflakes....

I can understand getting a red X and wondering why (if it's not obvious). Not saying it's a bad idea, BUT unless it is mandatory, I doubt you'll see too many explanations. I guess that's kind of the idea (one click, short & sweet), otherwise the person would post his or her reason for disagreeing.

I've had the x punched on me without explanation, I shine it on, BFD. I have punched the x occasionally without dissertation,,,BFD. If an explanation of disagreement becomes a requisite, then why have the x option, get rid of it. Then one that wishes to disagree with another's post, then they must post a literate, worded disagreement. Simplify the issue, cut the confusion.

How about next time to think about hitting the big RED X button to disagree with someone's post, how about at least having the courtesy to explain why - even if it's only brief, why you disagree. getting a bit tired of seeing random Red X's thrown up around the place by 'drive-by' posters. :thankyou:

There is another way to deal with it if it carries on too much. :p

Anyone who feels unjustly dealt a red X is more than welcome to contact me personally to check it out. :thumbsup:
I think the idea of checking boxes is merely a bit more drama that this sight doesn't really need. In some cases it may insult a knowledgeable person to never return. The "X" is just an indication of disageance but what if the person who disagreed was actually wrong. This can arise from people who dislike change, think they know everything or have an issue personally with another poster whom they don't even know. Every reply on this forum is based on some sort of merit be it right or wrong. Even I can't be right all the time and maybe more often than not in others eyes. To verbally disagree, in my opinion is enough, to tally a grade on a person is just plain hateful. When will the score box be posted?

I think the idea of checking boxes is merely a bit more drama that this sight doesn't really need. In some cases it may insult a knowledgeable person to never return. The "X" is just an indication of disageance but what if the person who disagreed was actually wrong. This can arise from people who dislike change, think they know everything or have an issue personally with another poster whom they don't even know. Every reply on this forum is based on some sort of merit be it right or wrong. Even I can't be right all the time and maybe more often than not in others eyes. To verbally disagree, in my opinion is enough, to tally a grade on a person is just plain hateful. When will the score box be posted?
Do you never have a conversation with someone and disagree with their thoughts or ideas? Roll your eyes at them or someother physical reaction that shows you disagree?

How the hell is it hateful to be honest?

I disagree with your opinion on gun control and being you are from a different country then the people that post about guns i dont think your opinion matters in this issue. I simply drop an "x" in there and move along quietly. No arguments...no name calling. I am simply shaking my head "no".

You dont want to hear my opinion on that "royal" family you have over there....

Fat finger most likely. Rearrange the buttons so that like & agree are next to each other, & thanks & disagree are adjacent.
But I still think the red x should be retired.

I'd like to think so too. :) ....we don't need any fudge-packers over there. :poke:
Thanks for putting that in my head:eek:.. It's possible that we could get one... then What? A blue forum for straight guys and a rainbow one for the rest?

X marks the spot, right?? That's my story and I'm sticking to it! :D

Cranky likes to dole out red X's to me every once in a while. But, I guess that's why he's called Cranky.

7SNhA.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back