• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here's my 69

I would never have a green car my whole life, 50 plus years and now I have a green coronet, white painted roof and white interior. The older I get the wierder I get. I had all the high impact colored mopars in the day and now I can do without them. Still like them though, just not for me.

Nope. I never really listed it for very long.

I've got Mopar ADD, in that I wanted a Road Runner for so very long, got one that I just loved....now I got bit by the "resto-mod" bug and don't really think it's economical to do it to this car. Plus it's a nice original car, and there's still part of me that doesn't want to modify it.

In short, I've been thinking of selling it since probably May of 2010.....but it's still in my heated garage.

Was that white 69 ever sold?

i had a 69 charger se that was the same color combo

Do you have photos of the Charger?

I've never seen a white/green car....maybe never cared before :)

Hey guys, I'm considering buying a 5 speed manual for the Road Runner. I've had a change of heart in the last year or so, and really wanted to build a more "modern" interpretation of an old Mopar. My car is such a nice original car (hell, the underhood paint and trunk is still original).

The RS600 is a no-cut option (except for the obvious hole in the floor for the shifter).

Looking for opinions. Sell and find a car that's not #'s, less original already, and "ok" to modify (taking that term loosely)? Build the car with my 6.1 Hemi, 5 speed manual, and newer seats....eventually modern suspension, 17" or bigger wheels.. etc.....probably remove the vinyl top eventually.

Yes, it's my car, and I'm sure there will be lots of comments saying that....but, I also respect that some people like original more so than a modified car, and I could be hurting myself for resale if it needs to happen.

Thoughts? Sell and find something to build....or keep and cut an original sheet metal car that's a very dry NICE example of a 69.

Be gentle. Don't be rude. :eusa_boohoo: :icon_hang:

Darren

I wouldn't change a thing on your car, but I am very partial to original or original with vintage mods.

excelent find. i have a sister in san antoine so when i go for a visit i
usually drag something home. 3 so far and met some good people.
good for you:eek:ccasion14:

Id leave it Org. cause around winnipeg theres not much of a cruise night left with all the ricers and those safety checks past few years by the cops...pick up a cheap slant six car that you can mod to the tits.

If you have to change this car take lots of pics so it can possibly be put back to stock.

Hey Darren, I'm your neighbor to the south a bit.

Great looking car you've got here.

Hey I'd like to invite you to a little show we put on down in Roseau, MN in June. June 11 is the date this year. We are very fortunate to host the participation of numerous entries from Canada. We get some great cars coming from north of the border and great people.

It's a very relaxed environment, the whole thing is just a fun meet and greet, our group that loosely organizes the event does not judge any cars. All entries get a voting ballot with categories to vote on. Also spectators vote too as a “people’s choice".

But the mood in general is very much non competitive, we drag out works in progress, trailer queens and everything in-between.

Later after the show there is a potluck/bonfire type of party that ends up being a mini car show in itself at one of the show coordinator's homes. The guy is a Canadian transplant, very fun and talented, we end up with quite a few Canadians at that party.

One of which was always a fun man that you may have known or known of, sorely missed and recently deceased Tom Milne. If you are from Winnipeg and you are a car guy… it’s likely you knew him or know of him, he was one of those life of the party guys.

Here’s a link to a story written about Tom that we liked quite a lot. http://autos.winnipegfreepress.com/news-article/id-3174/

Anyways, I saw you had an awesome car and more importantly you are within range for our little show. It’s a good time and this invite is open to anyone that cares to travel to little Roseau MN in June for our show.

Dave

Last edited:
I would leave it original. It's too nice to modify. That was a very good find!

Very nice, unique RR. Love the color combo, air grabber and vinyl top. Does fender tag back up the options ( I couldn't open some of your photos), either way, congrats!!

Thanks Rippin. I don't know what happened to my photos. I'll be working on that tonight, or this weekend, as I'm falling asleep with the kids crawling on top of me.

Very nice, unique RR. Love the color combo, air grabber and vinyl top. Does fender tag back up the options ( I couldn't open some of your photos), either way, congrats!!

I want to enjoy the car.....and for some reason, I feel money is better spent on modifications to make the car feel more modern, and start every time......

Really, the only modification I'd do is cut the floor slightly, and even that is technically "reversible"....

Maybe do this to an E body instead . :headbang: Anyone know of a rust free 318, /6 70-74 Cuda?

I wouldn't change a thing on your car, but I am very partial to original or original with vintage mods.

thanks. It's amazing how New Mexico/Texas cars survive after 45 years!

Looks like I can't modify my old posts for some reason to switch the links for my photos....Any way around this?

excelent find. i have a sister in san antoine so when i go for a visit i
usually drag something home. 3 so far and met some good people.
good for you:eek:ccasion14:

There were police everywhere a few years ago. I really don't like confrontation (from other drivers etc) so I never go out to be honest. When the kids are older, maybe that'll spark interest.

Id leave it Org. cause around winnipeg theres not much of a cruise night left with all the ricers and those safety checks past few years by the cops...pick up a cheap slant six car that you can mod to the tits.

If you have to change this car take lots of pics so it can possibly be put back to stock.

Hi Dave, Thanks for the invite. Sounds like my kind of show.
I'd have to do a lot of work on the Road Runner to get it road trip safe (just my nature, to be prepared and that usually means throwing money at things :icon_axe:)

I've heard of Tom. I'm going to ask a good friend if he knows of him. I've seen the car somewhere, perhaps it was the downtown show a few years ago.....sad to see he's passed.

Hey Darren, I'm your neighbor to the south a bit.

Great looking car you've got here.

Hey I'd like to invite you to a little show we put on down in Roseau, MN in June. June 10 is the date this year. We are very fortunate to host the participation of numerous entries from Canada. We get some great cars coming from north of the border and great people.

It's a very relaxed environment, the whole thing is just a fun meet and greet, our group that loosely organizes the event does not judge any cars. All entries get a voting ballot with categories to vote on. Also spectators vote too as a “people’s choice".

But the mood in general is very much non competitive, we drag out works in progress, trailer queens and everything in-between.

Later after the show there is a potluck/bonfire type of party that ends up being a mini car show in itself at one of the show coordinator's homes. The guy is a Canadian transplant, very fun and talented, we end up with quite a few Canadians at that party.

One of which was always a fun man that you may have known or known of, sorely missed and recently deceased Tom Milne. If you are from Winnipeg and you are a car guy… it’s likely you knew him or know of him, he was one of those life of the party guys.

Here’s a link to a story written about Tom that we liked quite a lot. http://autos.winnipegfreepress.com/news-article/id-3174/

Anyways, I saw you had an awesome car and more importantly you are within range for our little show. It’s a good time and this invite is open to anyone that cares to travel to little Roseau MN in June for our show.

Dave

There we go, fixed the photo problem. Serves me right for trying to clean up the internet....:worthless_thread::icon_rambo:

Auto Transport Service
Back