• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Here's my 69

that's beautiful! but that air cleaner would look much better on mine.........

Yep, it passed through a middle man to me. I probably paid too much......but it's done and it's mine.

The long distance thing was the worst of it all, I agree. I've backed out of a few good cars because I get that feeling - it's taking too long, the guy starts demanding money, forgets parts of the deal that I explicitly laid out etc etc.....it helps a lot when the seller is a reputable person you've seen or heard of for years (as was this case). I knew, at the very least, I was getting the car. I wouldn't say the description was exactly perfect, but that's the risk you take without seeing the car first hand.

For the most part, I'm happy with the car.

Thanks for the compliments guys.
Darren

YOU ONLY Paid Too MUCH if you are NOT Happy with the Car.IF we want to PLAY sometimes we have to Pay a Little extra
Badazz Looking Combo
:eek:ld_school:

Pops, you're right, only IF I am not happy. I am happy with the car, to be quite frank about it, the body is all that really mattered to me when finding this particular car. The white was not my first choice, but I actually really like it now that I've had it almost a year.

The body is by far the most rust free Road Runner I personally have ever seen. I'm not *that* experienced to have seen these cars in their prime (born in 73), but I do go to shows quite a bit and look at the little things. I come from the rust belt, so when I saw the undercarriage pics from the seller (broker actually, he bought it and flipped it), I was sold. WOW. Have a look: (more text below the photos):blush: (edit: fixed links)

DSC03025.JPG

DSC03026.JPG

DSC03027.JPG

DSC03028.JPG

DSC03029.JPG

DSC03030.JPG

DSC03031.JPG

So, yes, the body is nice, the paint isn't perfect, but that's minor in my opinion. Have a look at some of the restoration threads on Cuda-challenger.com and see what I mean about the benefits of starting with a nice body. We all like nice bods, right?:rolling:

Anyway, I have unfortunately come to a cross roads with my finances and life's desires have to take second stage. I want a bit more free cash to travel and enjoy time with my 2 young 'uns (both under 4). I'm putting my 'Runner up for sale. Look for a post in the for sale board eventually. I'm a flexible guy and can help with most anything a potential buyer wants, including storage for unlimited amount of time (well, up to 6 months lol). The car is sitting in my heated garage and is comfortable.

It's really too bad, I have to admit. I looked for a car for 4-5 years in this condition that was affordable (mid $20k's US) I can't run with the big boys anymore. :black_eye: I have my rusty 73 Barracuda to build slowly.

Thanks
Darren
[email protected]

YOU ONLY Paid Too MUCH if you are NOT Happy with the Car.IF we want to PLAY sometimes we have to Pay a Little extra
Badazz Looking Combo
:eek:ld_school:

Last edited:
Nice Darren, White looks good and the green interior is just fine. I would drive it proudly.:HappyNewYear:

Thanks guys!

So any suggestions what I could get for the car in this market? I know what I want....:grin:

Thanks
Darren

Awesome car!! Super colorscheme. I liked the high impact colors too but I was a fast learner and started to appriciate "dull" colors real soon! :)

Air grabber and everything. Me likey!! I have a W1 68 RR, but mine has a black interior. Great combo with the green!!

No undercoating. It's ridiculously rust free on the bottom side, better than my winter driver SRT-4. Texas must have low humidity all year. It's in my heated garage right now and humidity is low here as well, so all is well.

did it not come factory with undercoating it looks clean enough to eat off underneath!!

At first I was thinking about switching to black. I like the green now.

Thanks!
a145_3.jpg

Air grabber and everything. Me likey!! I have a W1 68 RR, but mine has a black interior. Great combo with the green!!

I tend to agree. Try to find a rust free original sheet metal high impact color these days. White is nicer in person that in the pics.

895c_3.jpg

Awesome car!! Super colorscheme. I liked the high impact colors too but I was a fast learner and started to appriciate "dull" colors real soon! :)

Thanks!
More photos....

83f4_3-1.JPG

85e1_3.jpg

8795_3.jpg

895c_3.jpg

8ec9_3.jpg

91fe_3.jpg

93d6_3.jpg

9590_3.jpg

The only unattractive part of the car, someone decided to coat a basically rust-free floor with undercoating. Probably a few brown spots?

DSC03114.JPG

a145_3.jpg

a4e0_3.jpg

a884_3.jpg

aa7d_3.jpg

7d74_3.jpg

DSC03104.JPG

DSC03105.JPG

99cf_3.jpg

Nice solid Runner! :yes:

Last edited:
Read the post above for the history. I bought if from a flipper, so...ya...no profit being made here.

Point taken though, I'll modify my last message - this is the wrong forum for that comment.

Auto Transport Service
Back