• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hey folks

Welcome from NJ

Welcome from Iowa, nice car .
I just this past year installed a front disc set up on my 67.
I have all the front brake set ups for both sides in 10 1/2 " , wheel cylinders are used but working fine when pulled, shoes, drums , backing plates , springs.
All still mounted to the plates.
If you want them they are free. Only thing to pay will be shipping.
Just pm me with your zip so I can figure the shipping if you want them.

1669590033669.png
:thumbsup:

Nice 67, great score! Welcome from OH. Gauges are possibly a crusty ground connection. Dash is grounded to chassis, gauge cluster grounded to dash through retaining screws. Good luck!

NEVER! EVER! DO THIS! You could have been seriously scalded. I had a friend open a cap on a hot radiator when I was in high school. He ended up badly burned and with permanent scars. Never pop the radiator cap on a car until it is completely cooled down. You dodged a bullet this time. Lucky for you at 16, so please take this advice.
I squeezed the upper hose, there was no pressure before I took the cap off.

Welcome from Illinois!! Congratulations on acquiring your first car. Trust you'll be checking/replacing the tires and all rubber hoses plus changing all fluids along with those new belts.
Radiator hoses are actually in perfect shape, so that's last on the list, Otherwise, i've got all the fluids replaced except brake fluid, and got all the belts replaced, sounds alot better, no more floppy belts.

Welcome to FBBO from Ontario. It is always nice to see younger people getting interested in our hobby. You car looks like a pretty complete piece. It appears to be a Silver Special edition by its unique silver and charcoal interior (code H4A). Quite often, these cars also sported a vinyl top in matching charcoal colour. Another tip-off is that your car has the bright wheel well moldings and rocker panel moldings that are normally seen on the GTX (code J4). A Belvedere II usually had a bright molding where your pin stripe is applied. All your hard to find A/C stuff seems to be intact as well. You made a nice score on your Belvedere, not only because it is a special edition car, but because it looks largely unmolested. Congratulations and enjoy your project.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum.
First up, thank you for introducing yourself rather than just jumping in and asking for help. Some people are not as considerate.
You obviously paid attention in school because your writing skills are great. That isn't a strict requirement but it sure makes reading your posts a lot easier.
You wrote:

"I could use belt sizes, and maybe a diagram I don’t have the owners manual. All the belts are extremely loose and dry rotted.

3 wheels are completely seized, and the brake pedal is rock solid, no movement.

The radiator is not building pressure, I can take the cap off with it hot. But I have hot heat in the car, so coolant is flowing through the heater core.

I have no temp gauge or gas gauge, neither have moved at all."

First, there are listings on Rock Auto for fan belts. They may be able to help. www.RockAuto.com
The reason that the wheels are seized is likely because the brakes have leaked fluid and left crust and rust inside the drums. These will need to be rebuilt. The brake pedal is likely stuck for the same reason.....rust had "frozen" it in place. Lucky for you, all the parts you'd need are readily available.
If the radiator and heater core are not leaking, you may just have a defective radiator cap.
The gas gauge may work, it is probably the sending unit in the gas tank that has failed. They get rusty. The float that moves up and down with the level of the gas often gets small holes in it over time and it falls to the bottom of the tank and stays there.
The temperature gauge relies on a small sending unit located in the intake manifold. They usually don't fail. It is often an issue with the gauge itself when they don't move.
Any more questions? I'm feeling smart today.....

View attachment 1378992
You were correct about the radiator cap, threw a new one on, and build good pressure. Got a few of the drums off today and it's an awful mess, one of the wheel cylinders was a dark red somehow? I'll definitely be rebuilding those.

Nice 67, great score! Welcome from OH. Gauges are possibly a crusty ground connection. Dash is grounded to chassis, gauge cluster grounded to dash through retaining screws. Good luck!
Was wondering if it could be a ground, also noticed my flashers switch does nothing, but signal stock works.

Looks like a "silver special" interior.

Interesting that it's in a blue car.

Welcome from New Zealand.

Great car. That first photo is such a great shot. It looks like it's from a spooky movie.

Looking forward to seeing more pics of your progress.

Welcome from SE Texas!
You were correct about the radiator cap, threw a new one on, and build good pressure. Got a few of the drums off today and it's an awful mess, one of the wheel cylinders was a dark red somehow? I'll definitely be rebuilding those.
Rust can do that. Open up the MC and see what it looks like inside. Brake fluid attracts moisture. Also, we have several tech sections for the various systems of the car and you will probably get more response in those for each of the different systems....plus it would probably be easier to keep track of it.

Auto Transport Service
Back