• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hey is is just me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've always believed that knowledge is useless if not shared or used. The people on this forum are some the most diverse libraries of decades of real life experience I have ever come across. It would be sad if everyone kept there knowledge all to themselves.
Rog - I’m in complete agreement with you bro. This is like the Libary of Congress for every mechanical component and body part for cars from the 1960’s to at least the late 70’s. That’s why members must be so geographically wide spread. If there was to be a nuclear catastrophe we would not lose the entire brain trust. We couldn’t afford to as it would mean the end of our hobby. We need secret human brain trust servers like @MOPAR MARTY keeping their mechanical genius tucked away in Silos purposely placed in geo locations like Washington, MO to preserve and protect that knowledge for future generations. However it seems as though Marty’s gone rogue and doesn’t want to share his mechanical knowledge with anyone under 60 that doesn’t have at least 35 - 40 years of shade tree mechanical experience. Marty must be captured and drained of his gene pool and mechanical knowledge. We’re sending The Bourne Suprememcy guy to do the job. We just can’t imagine if this COK (Capture or Kill) mission fails. It would be a devastating blow to humankind. We must succeed.

Rog - I’m in complete agreement with you bro. This is like the Libary of Congress for every mechanical component and body part for cars from the 1960’s to at least the late 70’s. That’s why members must be so geographically wide spread. If there was to be a nuclear catastrophe we would not lose the entire brain trust. We couldn’t afford to as it would mean the end of our hobby. We need secret human brain trust servers like @MOPAR MARTY keeping their mechanical genius tucked away in Silos purposely placed in geo locations like Washington, MO to preserve and protect that knowledge for future generations. However it seems as though Marty’s gone rogue and doesn’t want to share his mechanical knowledge with anyone under 60 that doesn’t have at least 35 - 40 years of shade tree mechanical experience. Marty must be captured and drained of his gene pool and mechanical knowledge. We’re sending The Bourne Suprememcy guy to do the job. We just can’t imagine if this COK (Capture or Kill) mission fails. It would be a devastating blow to humankind. We must succeed.
Your comments are amazing!

I hope we get @MOPAR MARTY attention so he can enjoy them too
:rofl:

I’m trying to draw him out with more stupid questions, but that’s not helping either

c1e5af7ede04d83e7bcd8a44b8b0f118.jpg
c1e5af7ede04d83e7bcd8a44b8b0f118.jpg

Check it out bro - once you go back your 44 years of “experience“ maybe then you could also recover - or learn to spell, punctuate and form a proper sentence For the first time. You’re calling people idiots … but then you sound like one yourself. Believe me there are plenty of “FSMs” for proper English too. Pick one up you might learn a thing or two. Or better yet ask a few English questions here and see what you get.

Are you helping your uncle jack off a horse?

Or, are you helping your uncle Jack off a horse?

Grammar matters
If a person doesn't use proper punctuation & grammar, it shows to me that they're uneducated and lack basic intellect. If they can't take the time to proofread and edit their content, why should I supply a answer that they probably can't and wouldn't understand if they can't communicate correctly?

If a person doesn't use proper punctuation & grammar, it shows to me that they're uneducated and lack basic intellect. If they can't take the time to proofread and edit their content, why should I supply a answer that they probably can't and wouldn't understand if they can't communicate correctly?
“Why should I supply a answer,”

Hmmmm, something isn’t right their
:lol:

There either.
I went to collage.
Sometimes spell check doesn't help, either.

Young guy my daughter has been dating for a couple years now knew nothing about working on vehicles when they first started dating, he had a rough life growing up with no dad and a mom who didn't give a rats a$$ about him...But he was driving some run down POS that needed constant work so I let him come to my place and I helped him work on it. We had some long nights of other stuff breaking when trying to just fix or service something, and then I had to jump in and figure out a backyard repair so he could get to work in the morning...but he has been watching and learning and getting better and better at doing stuff himself.

He now has permission to use my shop and tools, and can come by and work on his stuff whenever he wants...just has to send me a text letting me know he's at the shop if I'm not home. Feels good to be able to pass on some of my decades of experience to someone, and that is how I feel about helping people on these old car message boards too.
Young guy my daughter has been dating for a couple years now knew nothing about working on vehicles when they first started dating, he had a rough life growing up with no dad and a mom who didn't give a rats a$$ about him...But he was driving some run down POS that needed constant work so I let him come to my place and I helped him work on it. We had some long nights of other stuff breaking when trying to just fix or service something, and then I had to jump in and figure out a backyard repair so he could get to work in the morning...but he has been watching and learning and getting better and better at doing stuff himself.

He now has permission to use my shop and tools, and can come by and work on his stuff whenever he wants...just has to send me a text letting me know he's at the shop if I'm not home. Feels good to be able to pass on some of my decades of experience to someone, and that is how I feel about helping people on these old car message boards too.
When I see a new member asking for help, I never know their knowledge level. I try to help, and it can be rewarding. Like you stated some of the young people have not had the opportunity to learn things at an early age.
If people are going to be frequently critical, they can cause the member to be lose hope and drop out.
Young guy with a Plymouth came to one of our car shows, car needed a lot. He was there for about 1.5-2 hours. Finally some ignorant big dollar, (never worked on his own cars) guy, asked him why he brought that pile of junk to the show.
The young guy left and never came back.Joined a generic club got a lot of help and has a nice car.

When I see a new member asking for help, I never know their knowledge level. I try to help, and it can be rewarding. Like you stated some of the young people have not had the opportunity to learn things at an early age.
If people are going to be frequently critical, they can cause the member to be lose hope and drop out.
Young guy with a Plymouth came to one of our car shows, car needed a lot. He was there for about 1.5-2 hours. Finally some ignorant big dollar, (never worked on his own cars) guy, asked him why he brought that pile of junk to the show.
The young guy left and never came back.Joined a generic club got a lot of help and has a nice car.

Being a young guy without a whole lot of extra cash, I don’t have the nicest, newest, shiniest stuff. I make do with what I can do, and I’m pretty damn proud of what I have. I’m very mechanically inclined, I can build engines, suspensions. It’s electrical that confuses me sometimes. And I haven’t had much experience with fine tuning.

I use to go to car shows, and I’d hear the same thing from the older guys “why aren’t young guys into cars,”

Then they walk over to my car, which I’m pretty freaking lucky I found a GTX. But then I hear “it’s junk,” “it’s not nice enough,” “you need to sell it because you’re not taking care of it.”

Or you get the people like @MOPAR MARTY that bitch when someone asks a question about something they don’t know about, even if they are miss reading what you post and don’t know what they’re talking about.

But when you’re out driving your car, or you’re stopped at a gas station or store, people are so much happier seeing your car. I believe in the philosophy “drag your junk out of the garage, don’t get it right, get it running, and drive it,”

I'm guessing with only 45 posts in 2 years you've never offered any of that shady experience to anyone.

Let me see if I am reading you correctly MoparMarty...Ok, I will counter your silly claim. Can you tear down and rebuild a turbine engine, rig flight controls on an aircraft, test avionics and instrumentation on an aircraft ? If your answer is no, then you should not fly in them.
1656606012489.png
Guess you didn't know this

Being a young guy without a whole lot of extra cash, I don’t have the nicest, newest, shiniest stuff. I make do with what I can do, and I’m pretty damn proud of what I have. I’m very mechanically inclined, I can build engines, suspensions. It’s electrical that confuses me sometimes. And I haven’t had much experience with fine tuning.

I use to go to car shows, and I’d hear the same thing from the older guys “why aren’t young guys into cars,”

Then they walk over to my car, which I’m pretty freaking lucky I found a GTX. But then I hear “it’s junk,” “it’s not nice enough,” “you need to sell it because you’re not taking care of it.”

Or you get the people like @MOPAR MARTY that bitch when someone asks a question about something they don’t know about, even if they are miss reading what you post and don’t know what they’re talking about.

But when you’re out driving your car, or you’re stopped at a gas station or store, people are so much happier seeing your car. I believe in the philosophy “drag your junk out of the garage, don’t get it right, get it running, and drive it,”
I got the same thing from “Schwinn guys”. Their “numbers” is OG paint. They think that verifies that a bike was originally a Krate or a 5 speed. I guess they never saw a relic Fender guitar. :D But like you, I take the bike out for a ride, and people love it! They like the fresh repaint.
A39A897F-7140-4257-A4E2-9750172429BB.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back