• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hidden front speakers?

SDCoronet

Local time
3:18 AM
Reaction score
Guys, have any of you put in some good front speakers in your car that is at least somewhat hidden? I am thinking about the possibility of putting a couple of speakers in the dash facing down. Id rather not cut up my front kick panels or door panels - the pictures I've seen of speakers in the kick panels just look horrendous to me.

I have a 67. Thanks in advance!

I've never had the room to do so. I've had them under the front seat, facing forward....

Last winter I tore all the wiring out and replaced. As I was doing so, I looked for a really good place to hide some front speakers. I didn’t want to ruin a good set of door panels, besides, speakers really don’t sound as good as they can facing each other from across the car..I also tried to come up with a good idea for underneath the dash and it all just dint work. The years in the description are little older and maybe just enough different that you could but the won’t sound all that good. I think it would be like placing speakers in a box but better than nothing. What I did was build these “pods” if you will, that custom fit up under the front seats and are wired from inderneath. Each side has them and they face right up. Sound great!

Using dense board, hardware store, building up in height then filling with bondo and fiberglass (fun) then going to local fabric shop finding some vinyl and 3m glue and cover. That was it.

In the pic, the drivers side is a little pulled out so it can be seen easier.

Good luck!

66C4F8CD-2EBA-42D5-BC04-2B2D7F9DC40E.jpeg

Mine were similar, but faced forward and were small in dimension....

Classic Industries had two speakers mounted in a single frame that would mount in the stock dash location. I cant remember who the manufacturer was though.

Hey bee, did you use those center speakers alone or with rear speakers? How do you like the sound?

Hey bee, did you use those center speakers alone or with rear speakers? How do you like the sound?
I used two rear speakers to have front to back and left and right. I bought a RetroSound Hermosa radio fit right in to stock dash with no cutting. Plenty of sound for cruising as I am not one who wants everyone around to hear me.

I went with the RetroSound R410N Speaker
it fit almost perfectly in the front dash
only hick-up was you cant use the speed nuts Chrysler did
But that said I love it
The sound is absolutely amazing
I did use a Pioneer head unit that puts out 50 watts to the front speakers

IMG_20181007_113303550.jpg IMG_20181007_113410376.jpg IMG_20181007_125041334.jpg IMG_20181007_125050312.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back