• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Highest resale color for a B Body?

My column-shift rr came with a full manual valve body. It's fun, and I like it. Full manual control of shifts, and no clutch (bad knees).

I'd never let a color get between me and a real nice car....... except maybe that pepto bismol pink they put on a few
My friend bought a 71 Charger that was painted pink,we used the color to get the price down on the car. The seller took three grand off the car,after everyone who looked at the car,said they wouldn't ever be seen in a pink car. My friend was driving the car home,and a guy pulled up next to him at the light when he was in the left turn lane waiting for the light to change,and beeped his horn. When my friend turned to see what the guy was beeping about,the guy winked at him! Lol. That car went into the garage,and came out with a brand new black paint job on it, Lol True story!

One problem I have with bright yellow B Bodies is the taxi cab look. I'd like to change the color of the '70 Coronet 500 project. It's in its original color, cream. I like Citron yellow but it's a '71 color. BTW thanks for the Hagerty article.

taxi.jpg

One problem I have with bright yellow B Bodies is the taxi cab look. I'd like to change the color of the '70 Coronet 500 project. It's in its original color, cream. I like Citron yellow but it's a '71 color. BTW thanks for the Hagerty article.

View attachment 1644482

View attachment 1644482

Top Banana looks amazing on a 1970 B body!

20220914_074646.jpg

Sublime is also a cool color on any 70 A B or E body car. This was my 70 383 4 speed Challenger R/T .

20240316_094943.jpg

Last edited:
My friend bought a 71 Charger that was painted pink,we used the color to get the price down on the car. The seller took three grand off the car,after everyone who looked at the car,said they wouldn't ever be seen in a pink car. My friend was driving the car home,and a guy pulled up next to him at the light when he was in the left turn lane waiting for the light to change,and beeped his horn. When my friend turned to see what the guy was beeping about,the guy winked at him! Lol. That car went into the garage,and came out with a brand new black paint job on it, Lol True story!
Black? I've had several black cars. I'd rather have the pink.
(That's my girlfriends bra, in my avatar. A protest against the stupid mask mandates. I told every one that the salt in sweat killed the virus.)

Black? I've had several black cars. I'd rather have the pink.
(That's my girlfriends bra, in my avatar. A protest against the stupid mask mandates. I told every one that the salt in sweat killed the virus.)
It wasn't panther pink,more like a Mary Kay pink. It had to go.

Being a long time old Corvette owner, I see the subject of a color change bring up heated discussions over on the Corvette forums all the time. A C2 with a color change is just about the worst thing you could be done to hurt a cars value in their minds. I’m not that much of a purist and didn’t give it much thought when I repainted mine Sunfire Yellow from the original Nassau Blue 30 years ago. I always replied that basically the hit on value was the cost to paint it back again, which back 30 years ago was something I could do my self for probably $1,000 lacquer materials back then. Big deal. But now, with the paint booth and safety requirements for urethane it’s getting harder to do this 6ourself. By the time I upgraded my painting equipment, got a breathing air compressor and suit, built a home-made paint booth and bought materials, I probably had about $7-8k in the last car I painted in urethane about 13 years ago. Even if equipped to do it already, the materials could probably be as much as $4-5k anymore depending on the source. And from what I hear $15 to 35k in professional shops, greatly depending on locality. Fortunately Mopar guys aren’t quite as hung up on the subject.

Ah! That is a completely different kettle of fish (smell). Unless you're actually selling Mary K...........
I don't think I would repaint the Playmate of the year's AMX, tho.
There are some things that are supposed to be pink....

Auto Transport Service
Back