• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Highest resale color for a B Body?

I would not have bought my car if it was painted the original color of F5!!!

thumbnail (33).jpg

My '67 R/T is Daffodil Yellow; even lighter than '68-'69 Sunfire Yellow, which looks to have more green in it. When I had it repainted a few years back, because of an accident, the Daffodil Yellow came back as pretty well the same shade as GM Butternut Yellow, of the same period.
When I had this car,my friends called it piss yella! I think that they were just jealous! Lol

20220914_062405.jpg

20220914_062349.jpg

everything I own is green...... some by choice, some by chance....... it has just seemed to work out that way........I love green

The resellers call it "Hangaround Brown"
In 2015, I looked at a T7 Saddle Bronze (brown) '69 GTX at a dealer in Indiana. It was a decent rust free California car with factory A/C and a saddle interior. I was considering that GTX as a platform to clone into the "Demonstrator," my current car. The dealer initially priced the car at $52K. I drove out to inspect it after it dropped to $42K. I offered $38K, and they wouldn't bite so I left. The car went over the auction block at Auburn a month later, and was a no sale at $36K. It finally got sold a month later when the price dropped to $36K. Numbers matching car, everything worked but the A/C, but all the parts were in place. Car popped up a few years later at Gateway, priced at $62K. Same story, it sat forever. If it was red or black, it probably would have sold immediately.

Last edited:
I thought that he was below market for a 71 V code Challenger R/T.
I can't say much here on the car or I'll probably get b-tchslapped by mods for supposedly running a for sale ad, but I had it on cars online for around 82K, then then lowered it to 78 or 79 in '18 and would get around 1 serious or semi serious call a year on it. Only 2 or 3 people ever came to look at it in 5 years. Posters on forums and people that knew the car said they thought the car was fairly priced for a very condition car. Around 2021 when the car market started getting hot my voicemail and email started blowing up with flipper sounding people I had 0 patience for and I realized the car was underpriced and pulled the ad. That is where it stands now.

I can't say much here on the car or I'll probably get b-tchslapped by mods for supposedly running a for sale ad, but I had it on cars online for around 82K, then then lowered it to 78 or 79 in '18 and would get around 1 serious or semi serious call a year on it. Only 2 or 3 people ever came to look at it in 5 years. Posters on forums and people that knew the car said they thought the car was fairly priced for a very condition car. Around 2021 when the car market started getting hot my voicemail and email started blowing up with flipper sounding people I had 0 patience for and I realized the car was underpriced and pulled the ad. That is where it stands now.
I thought that you had the car priced right for what it is. It was a good deal,the color is definitely holding the car back.

I always liked the brown colors so I bought my road runner with K6 hang around paint. When I restored it after 30 years I decided it needed a little more curb appeal and went with vitamin C.

20190727_123122.jpg

20230920_162623.jpg

Pretty simple really..... If you want to drive fast get a sedate color, if you want to attract attention get a flashy color... If you want to sell fast there are more fans of flashy colors than go fast colors...

I have to agree with the original color. As I am not a fan of color changed cars and have walked away from a few over the years because of it.
Most were greens or browns painted reds or blues.

I wanna see color arguments !
Ok, I'll play and I'm not being pedantic. The OP said "shade", not "color". As you know, shade and color are not the same.

Color Me Gone :p

Auto Transport Service
Back