• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hit a deer on the track

Wow that stinks, but could've been way worse. A lady at our track hit a deer a handful of years back. They've had to stop a few times over the course of many years and chase some deer off. Doesn't help that's there's fields on both sides of the shutdown that are usually soybeans or corn.

I raced at a southern Oregon track a few times where the deer were standing in the shut off area (fortunately in the daylight) and just looked at you, moved not one inch...bring on Bambi stew!
It’s just crazy that the noise and human presence doesn’t phase them anymore. I’m all repaired and back on the track. Still need to address the hood situation. Hopefully, nothing crazy like that happens again!

78885031-C41E-4F22-8F90-251997313E34.jpeg

A6930F59-3E06-4974-85F0-F5D31160FC0B.jpeg

35A4B478-D481-499D-91A4-7DC250C1600B.jpeg

I’m all repaired and back on the track. Still need to address the hood situation.
Great job! :thumbsup: :lowdown:
Please post what you do about the hood. I may need an A-12 type hood scoop for my 70 Roadrunner, but I'm interested to see what options are available. :popcorn:

Great job! :thumbsup: :lowdown:
Please post what you do about the hood. I may need an A-12 type hood scoop for my 70 Roadrunner, but I'm interested to see what options are available. :popcorn:
Thanks. I’m leaning towards a bolt-on fiberglass replacement from Unlimited Products. We’ll see if repairing the steel hood works out.

Nice to see it didn't wreck a lot of support parts.
Doug

:thumbsup:Glad to see you’re up and running, and back at the track
Thanks, I wanted to get it back on track asap or it might’ve got pushed in the corner in disgust for years, lol.
Nice to see it didn't wreck a lot of support parts.
Doug
I got lucky (missing the deer would’ve been lucky) that it didn’t destroy anything under the sheet metal or pop up and hit the a pillar, roof or worse yet, come in the windshield.

Auto Transport Service
Back