• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley EFI 650 SNIPER trouble

If you had a good or decent tune you can run in open loop, no learn mode to run without the o2 sensor. You could probably be fine with a base tune on open loop until you figure it out.

i have the pro-flow 4 on my 451 and i did go thru 3 0 -2 sensors they are fussy you should be able to test the 0 -2 out side of the system . and as said join a forum for your system and you will learn more.

my pro-flow 4 came with a bosh 0-2 and i payed big money for the replacement but don't cheep out on a cheep china junk replacement.

i have the pro-flow 4 on my 451 and i did go thru 3 0 -2 sensors they are fussy you should be able to test the 0 -2 out side of the system . and as said join a forum for your system and you will learn more.

my pro-flow 4 came with a bosh 0-2 and i payed big money for the replacement but don't cheep out on a cheep china junk replacement.
interesting: I got an 02 code on my hand held yesterday , and couldn`t clear it , takes a 2014 cad. cts sensor ...

Update,

So what i have done to the car now is changed the sparkplugs, checked the wires, changed O2 sensor and did the re-tune

So last Saturday i changed the O2 sensor and did a re-tune on the EFI. I needed to charge the battery so i waited to Sunday to start but it still ran ****. BUT My cousin helped me and he adjusted the IAC and we got it to run good. 750 rpm as i told it to and good throttle response. i didnt have the time to drive it at that moment so i waited till today. Turned the key and it runs ****..... Idle around 450.

It feels like the car got dementia i forgot about how to run.

Update,

So what i have done to the car now is changed the sparkplugs, checked the wires, changed O2 sensor and did the re-tune

So last Saturday i changed the O2 sensor and did a re-tune on the EFI. I needed to charge the battery so i waited to Sunday to start but it still ran ****. BUT My cousin helped me and he adjusted the IAC and we got it to run good. 750 rpm as i told it to and good throttle response. i didnt have the time to drive it at that moment so i waited till today. Turned the key and it runs ****..... Idle around 450.

It feels like the car got dementia i forgot about how to run.

How did you determine the O2 sensor was bad?
There's a few things it could be.
My suggestion is to record some datalogs of the problem and post them over at the Holley forum, many of the guys there have the software and can view and help interpret your logs.

Welp, not the O2 sensor is it. Not the software version, not the IAC...you could go on forever guessing at things.
I hope I'm not sounding sound like a jerk here-- but you really need to understand that the datalogging feature is your friend. It exists so you don't have to guess and just "try stuff". Sometimes it can tell you exactly what's wrong, sometimes it can't and you still have to think around the problem....but what it will tell you is where to concentrate your efforts. Please don't take this like I'm trying to be some EFI know-it-all, because I'm definitely NOT...but I've learned a few things the hard way and just want to help my Mopar guys avoid some frustration.

Story time-
My first install was a Sniper on a friend's truck. Very clean and proper install, all wiring shielded etc. The thing just wouldn't stay running and was acting like the distributor was out of time. So, we re-set the (hyperspark) distributor, went through the timing verification process multiple times and fussed with it like any good car guys would do. Still couldn't get it. He even bought new expensive plug wires, plugs, coil....nope.
Finally we went to the Sniper forum, attached his logs and one of those guys could see exactly what the problem was. Negative time values/ECU resets = RFI problem. His engine is a small ford which it turns out have bad issues with RFI, so he grudgingly fabbed a small shield for the front of the throttle body and it's been a great running system ever since.
Point being, we screwed with it for two weeks, he spent a couple hundred dollars on new parts, and we were no closer than when we started. He became frustrated to the point of wanting to yank it and put a carb back on it. If we'd have known back then to use the datalog feature as the first step we'd have nailed it in one day.

How To Take A Data Log From Your Sniper EFI System

Last edited:
Welp, not the O2 sensor is it. Not the software version, not the IAC...you could go on forever guessing at things.
I hope I'm not sounding sound like a jerk here-- but you really need to understand that the datalogging feature is your friend. It exists so you don't have to guess and just "try stuff". Sometimes it can tell you exactly what's wrong, sometimes it can't and you still have to think around the problem....but what it will tell you is where to concentrate your efforts. Please don't take this like I'm trying to be some EFI know-it-all, because I'm definitely NOT...but I've learned a few things the hard way and just want to help my Mopar guys avoid some frustration.

Story time-
My first install was a Sniper on a friend's truck. Very clean and proper install, all wiring shielded etc. The thing just wouldn't stay running and was acting like the distributor was out of time. So, we re-set the (hyperspark) distributor, went through the timing verification process multiple times and fussed with it like any good car guys would do. Still couldn't get it. He even bought new expensive plug wires, plugs, coil....nope.
Finally we went to the Sniper forum, attached his logs and one of those guys could see exactly what the problem was. Negative time values/ECU resets = RFI problem. His engine is a small ford which it turns out have bad issues with RFI, so he grudgingly fabbed a small shield for the front of the throttle body and it's been a great running system ever since.
Point being, we screwed with it for two weeks, he spent a couple hundred dollars on new parts, and we were no closer than when we started. He became frustrated to the point of wanting to yank it and put a carb back on it. If we'd have known back then to use the datalog feature as the first step we'd have nailed it in one day.
Well, i tend to go the long, hard, and expensive way. The Swedish "support" if we can call it that said to check these things and thats what ive done. But how do i check these logs?

Well, i tend to go the long, hard, and expensive way. The Swedish "support" if we can call it that said to check these things and thats what ive done. But how do i check these logs?

Sniper EFI - Holley Performance Products Forums

Join up on Holley's Sniper forum; it's free.
You'll start a help thread like you would here. Compress your log files into a .zip and you can then attach them to your thread. It requires having the Sniper software on the PC for you to upload, and they need it to view the file, which most of those guys have. There's some sharp guys there that like to help people out.
You can also view them on your own PC, for instance if you want to show them to your local help. There are instructions and videos that show you how to navigate the software.

Last edited:

Sniper EFI - Holley Performance Products Forums

Join up on Holley's Sniper forum; it's free.
You'll start a help thread like you would here. Compress your log files into a .zip and you can then attach them to your thread. It requires having the Sniper software on the PC for you to upload, and they need it to view the file, which most of those guys have. There's some sharp guys there that like to help people out.
You can also view them on your own PC, for instance if you want to show them to your local help. There are instructions and videos that show you how to navigate the software.
Got some good answers on the Holley forum so thank U! I did get the car to run good BUT with all the things a dude found in my log i will now hunt them to improve it =) I am truly grateful for the tip!

Got some good answers on the Holley forum so thank U! I did get the car to run good BUT with all the things a dude found in my log i will now hunt them to improve it =) I am truly grateful for the tip!
Good news! Thanks for the follow up.
:thumbsup:

Auto Transport Service
Back