• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley EFI 650 SNIPER trouble

__Larsson____

Local time
3:00 AM
Reaction score
There is always something going on...

So i have had brake issues that some of you may know, now i could finally drive the car out of the garage barely...

It runs like a sack of ****, i should have an idle of 750 but its more around 500-400, this was last week, now the oxygen sensor is shot and slowy drops in indle.

I have checked the plugs, wires and for vaccumleaks but nothing.

Now it shows 35,6 on AFR so i guess this killed the O2 sensor.

It ran perfect when i drove it week 26 of this year, the only thing that ive done thats EFI related is that i unpluged the handheld screen once.

Any ideas?

Last edited:
Update the software, Re-tune. I have had 2 02 sensor failures with the Holley supplied sensors out of 6 installs.

All these efi systems suffer from some problem making them all a struggle to install. Two of my friends wound up burning pistons even with careful support from experienced people.

Last edited:
the o 2 is the most important sensor in that system. its gotta work.

There are a few people here who use "Sniper" and "Fitech". Other than programming, both are very similar. Buy you are going to get more info from a "Sniper" forum. I belong to a "Fitech" forum for those specific questiins.

The one in the roadrunner was fine and suddenly stopped working so the efi started dumping fuel thinking it was a lean condition. Replaced it with another 02 sensor I bought by cross referencing the Holley part number. It has been fine since installing that sensor. As for updating the software yes follow that video and you should be good to go.

The one in the roadrunner was fine and suddenly stopped working so the efi started dumping fuel thinking it was a lean condition. Replaced it with another 02 sensor I bought by cross referencing the Holley part number. It has been fine since installing that sensor. As for updating the software yes follow that video and you should be good to go.
A new O2 sensor is on the way, thanks for the help bud!

A new O2 sensor is on the way, thanks for the help bud!
I hope it helps. If you contact Holley I think they will send you another for free. However The Road Runner Sniper was out of warranty so I sourced another brand with the same connections. I think it was a Bosch

I hope it helps. If you contact Holley I think they will send you another for free. However The Road Runner Sniper was out of warranty so I sourced another brand with the same connections. I think it was a Bosch
yeah over here in Sweden the place that got Holley they want 210$, i found the exakt same BOSCH for less than half, i wont get a new one for free. But i hope this helps. Or els i will fill the garage with concrete and forgett about the car XD

I hope you work out whatever is going on with it and let us know what makes it work right. I in stalled one on a coustomers buick about a month ago (totally against my judgement or wishes, I would've used a holly ) so im curious as to how they work in the long run. Good luck with it.

I hope you work out whatever is going on with it and let us know what makes it work right. I in stalled one on a coustomers buick about a month ago (totally against my judgement or wishes, I would've used a holly ) so im curious as to how they work in the long run.
Will do! =)

yeah over here in Sweden the place that got Holley they want 210$, i found the exakt same BOSCH for less than half, i wont get a new one for free. But i hope this helps. Or els i will fill the garage with concrete and forgett about the car XD
You should be able to source this one through Amazon - same sensor, but a longer lead - Bosch Oxygen Sensor, 4.9, 1000mm Long, (0258017025)
I was going to order one localy - at half the price, it is worth trying.

Also, have you seen the videos, including mine on checking that all four injectors are working correctly? Rough idle, and poor AFR will result if one injector goes down - and probably due only to a loose or dislodged cable connector.

Holley Sniper EFI systems - Troubleshooting help page

It is an easy fix if one injector is dry - this means that it's mate on the other side is trying to compensate by injecting even more fuel and causing the rich condition.

You should be able to source this one through Amazon - same sensor, but a longer lead - Bosch Oxygen Sensor, 4.9, 1000mm Long, (0258017025)
I was going to order one localy - at half the price, it is worth trying.

Also, have you seen the videos, including mine on checking that all four injectors are working correctly? Rough idle, and poor AFR will result if one injector goes down - and probably due only to a loose or dislodged cable connector.

Holley Sniper EFI systems - Troubleshooting help page

It is an easy fix if one injector is dry - this means that it's mate on the other side is trying to compensate by injecting even more fuel and causing the rich condition.
Yupp! Found one for less then half of what the other dude wanted for it. No i havent, my cousin said they worked as they should, he has more knowledge then me when it comes to this, will look into it tho =P Thanks for the tip!

I hope you work out whatever is going on with it and let us know what makes it work right. I in stalled one on a coustomers buick about a month ago (totally against my judgement or wishes, I would've used a holly ) so im curious as to how they work in the long run. Good luck with it.
Their owned by Holly!

I know and holley is owned by someone else. Im old , there's fuel injection and Holley carbs. theres a few orther people who make carbs too but nobody cares about them....:rolleyes:

It runs like a sack of ****, i should have an idle of 750 but its more around 500-400, this was last week, now the oxygen sensor is shot and slowy drops in indle.
How did you determine the O2 sensor was bad?
There's a few things it could be.
My suggestion is to record some datalogs of the problem and post them over at the Holley forum, many of the guys there have the software and can view and help interpret your logs.

Auto Transport Service
Back