• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley single plane intake on a G3 Hemi

70chall440

Local time
10:58 AM
Reaction score
As I am building my 71 Charger I have decided that I want to use a Holley single plan intake, mainly because it will allow me to run a Mopar oval air cleaner under my air grabber.

The first issue I am encountering is that it does not seem that anyone makes an adapter for a Mopar throttle body to a 4150 intake. Everything I can find is for an LS, specifically a drive by wire (DBW) LS3 type. I have the harness for my stock DBW Mopar TB, not sure if that will transfer over to a LS one or not, but I am thinking that I might just machine an adapter so I can keep the Mopar TB.

This brings me to the issue of the sensors; I believe that the TB takes care of the TPS internally, however I still will need to address the MAP and I think the IAC. I can probably mount the IAC in the air cleaner as I have done previously on my EFI Cuda and Challenger and I see that there are external 1 bar MAP sensors so I guess I could use one of them.

Looking for comments, suggestions, information, etc.

Thanks

You’re running the Holley EFI right?

It might be simpler to just reconfigure the Terminator to run a 4150 Cable throttle body and ditch the DBW setup. DBW is great if you are running full traction control, but doesn’t buy you much other than easier cruise control integration otherwise.

I’ve no direct experience with Mopar DBW, but the GM setup on my 8.1L swap has given me nonstop issues. I wish many times that I’d just taken the time to set it up as DBC to begin with.

Yes I am using a Holley Terminator X Max system. I am currently set up for DBW and want to try and make this work first.

Auto Transport Service
Back