• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley sniper efi line fitting size ?

junior340

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:16 PM
Reaction score
I am putting a Tanks brand tank and Holley EFI Sniper pump kit together for a customer and instructions say 1/4 npt for both return and flow. 1/4 wont fit in like it is straight cut thread in pump not npt. The new fitting from earls go in only maybe 1/2 thread, I did check new fitting elsewhere and they are fine.
Anyone have an idea what to use here?

Holley tech line put's me on hold tell the music drives you to hang up, 26 minutes has been my record so far. LOL

Thanks

You may have to tap the NPT thread a little deeper to get some thread engagement.

I am putting a Tanks brand tank and Holley EFI Sniper pump kit together for a customer and instructions say 1/4 npt for both return and flow. 1/4 wont fit in like it is straight cut thread in pump not npt. The new fitting from earls go in only maybe 1/2 thread, I did check new fitting elsewhere and they are fine.
Anyone have an idea what to use here?

Holley tech line put's me on hold tell the music drives you to hang up, 26 minutes has been my record so far. LOL

Thanks
You will have to try different pipe fittings to get the thread correct - Instructions from Holley (printed in China) cannot be trusted, much like some of their products.
Do not force any fittings - there may be a dirty machined thread.

The Holley Sniper pump housing on my Holley Tank is 1/4 NPT. Like Steve said, you may have to tap it or try another set of fittings.
20181129_132003.jpg

Mines aluminum housing.
If metal like three threewood i wouldn't be so worried about it re tapping
Wounder if I got a cheap knock off.
20210126_113409.jpg

I better double check if aluminum now I said that, it sure felt like it.

Last edited:
You may have a thread mismatch. Check that first.
If like you said the female thread is parallel what you describe would happen.
If you can get a parallel fitting in there you could epoxy it in - or return the faulty part????

Probably made in CHINA! Their threads are straight, not tapered like US NPT! I had the same problem with an oil pick up tube made in CHINA. F in' junk! RUFFCUT

Metric straight thread, using an O-ring? Take the tank (or just that inlet setup) to a lowes/home depot/ decent hardware store, and see what will screw in it.

Auto Transport Service
Back