• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Holley Sniper Throttle Help

I drove a friend’s Charger that has a sniper and manual trans.

Imo, the root cause of the sensitivity problem at low speeds is the 1-to-1 linkage of the throttle blades.

Converting carbs over to 1-to-1 linkage results in the same feel.
Overly sensitive in the tip in region of throttle opening......... which seems exaggerated with the manual trans.

In an auto with a loose converter, you might not even notice it.

Personally I've had better luck using the fully adjustable Bouchillon cable bracket #3395 with a longer accelerator cable and their transmission kick down cable kit if your running an automatic. It aligns / makes the cables much straighter with the sniper unit because it mounts onto the rear stud. You do have to grind about a .100 inch off one corner otherwise it fits the sniper and everything clears a drop base air cleaner (if your using one) when opening and closing the throttle where some other brackets won't clear.

I'm not sure if some of the commenters on this post understand TBI. The 1:1 ratio of front n rear butterflies opening is nothing like a carburetor. There are 4 or 8 injectors feeding fuel to all 4 barrels simultaneously based on TPS and O2 sensor and the programmed AFR. If it's overly "touchy" it's a programming issue. I use the throttle body spring and then the 2 factory springs, pulling from front and pulling from rear, as designed by the Dodge engineers in '67 for my TBI. Has a nice firm, not difficult, throttle and is never touchy.

See below pics of my setup.
The links on Mancini i left you in private message.

IMG_9241.jpg IMG_9242.jpg IMG_9244.jpg

I'm not sure if some of the commenters on this post understand TBI. The 1:1 ratio of front n rear butterflies opening is nothing like a carburetor. There are 4 or 8 injectors feeding fuel to all 4 barrels simultaneously based on TPS and O2 sensor and the programmed AFR. If it's overly "touchy" it's a programming issue. I use the throttle body spring and then the 2 factory springs, pulling from front and pulling from rear, as designed by the Dodge engineers in '67 for my TBI. Has a nice firm, not difficult, throttle and is never touchy.

For me it's not overly touchy, it's just a bit different than the good ol carb.
You get used to it after a while, i can understand this difference becomes more appearant with a manual tranny.

I am installing the sniper efi on my Charger and used the lokar cables along with a lokar throttle bracket for the sniper. This has made the throttle cable and linkage relatively easy so things line up plus I got to remove all the kick down linkage and the clunky throttle bracket which wouldn’t have worked for the weiand intake anyway.
:xscuseless:
:luvplace: :steering:

9A98894D-806B-4A7C-BC13-A6B1D1B1A64C.jpeg 438FFF34-3446-4092-AC74-B31776C9FB51.jpeg 9058CEEE-5461-405E-A316-D4E1B9B108D1.jpeg 0364981D-BF96-4ED0-9571-725F80F23F7E.jpeg 20EAA62D-4890-484B-A0CC-712BACDE73F7.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back