• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Home made tools

Did you do the resplining on a lathe or mill or a shaper? Looks like a lathe tool possibly but cant picture how I'd do it on my lathe?

I don't have access to a shaper or horizontal mill unfortunately...
I set it up on the vertical (bridgeport) milling machine with a dividing head.
Manual machinist by trade, but I don't play in a machine shop anymore. I do have most of the equipment at home for personal use.

I do have alot of other stuff I have built over the years for sheet metal work. Not sure if there is much interest for it though.

Just a simple tool to assist assembly of push lock fittings. -8 in this case.
Mike
IMG_2590.JPG
IMG_2591.JPG

Manual machinist by trade, but I don't play in a machine shop anymore. I do have most of the equipment at home for personal use.

I do have alot of other stuff I have built over the years for sheet metal work. Not sure if there is much interest for it though.
Sure.
I wouldn’t mind taking a look

Thank you! I can picture it now, much appreciated.

I only have a couple years (when I was young) working with these machines. At the time I turned down an apprenticeship (big mistake)

I've re-found my interest and enjoyment as a (again green) hobbyist as I head into retirement mode lol

I am happy I retained a few of the old school measurement tools from my youth... can not have enough tools!

First up is a quick hitch that mounts to the back of tractor or harvester. Most people know the name as wagon snagger, but the doors and hinges seize up. Other models have other issues. My father has been building this version since the early 80s. All wagons on our farm have a spring to hold tongue up. Tractor operator never leaves seat of tractor when shunting wagons as pulling the rope releases the locking mechanism.
Only complaint is tractor driver can get sore kidneys because he never gets off tractor to pee.
20230922_173228.jpg
20230922_173232.jpg
20230922_175600.jpg

Next up a propane torch cart with donut wheels from cars. Spindles cut from a car and welded to a home built frame. OFFROAD!! We use propane because every corner store carries propane for bbqs.
20230922_173307.jpg
20230922_173324.jpg

Knife to cut twin off round bales. Sickle sections from a grain table head (combine) bolt on and replace when wore down. This one is 25years old.
20230922_181020.jpg

Time To Revive An Old Thread!
I bought myself a transmission jack for Christmas. My first job was to remove the rear end of the Savoy but needed something to make the axle more stable. So I came up with this fixture. Yes, that’s a piece of sign post the county donated after I found it laying out in the field a while back. Hey, it’s already got all the holes in it to make it adjustable, didn’t have to drill them in a piece of channel iron that was my original idea. It bolts to the top plate of the trans jack, works real well.
IMG_3845.jpeg
IMG_3846.jpeg
IMG_3847.jpeg

My trans jack is either to short or to tall. It may become an early summer rebuild.

Auto Transport Service
Back