• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood displacement decal

Gary Masse

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
8:24 PM
Reaction score
I just finished building my engine on my 1971 GTX and the question that I am asking since it was stroked to a 500 CI from a 440 CI do I put 440 or 500 on the hood bomerangs?

What ever you want.

Sleeper? 440.

I've seen a fair share of 383 call-outs and emblems on 440 powered cars.

Many non-Mopar car guys can't tell by the raised pad or lack thereof.

heck, I used to have gm guys tell me my poly 318 was a 440 "cause there's "440" emblems right there on the fender" of my Coronet 440.

With as much bad mouthing as the 400's get a 400 decal would be a great sleeper.

I would go with the look (intent) of the car. Have you built it as a stock appearing GTX? If so, I'd put 440 on it. If it is a "restomod" then put on 500. But as posted above, it's your ride, do as you like.

I stroked my 400 and kept the 400 emblems and decals. Sure I’m toward to factory look everywhere. Spicy parts on my car are just noticeable for knowledgeable eyes… and as soon I crank up the engine LOL.

Auto Transport Service
Back