• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB hood latch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raymond Murray

Local time
1:40 PM
Reaction score
Need hood latch and bracket (the piece that has the spring on it. Spring mount is on driver side) for a 71-71 Sattelite/RR/GTX/Charger. Not willing to pay $250.00 for a rusted piece of E-Bay crap that is probably thr wrong application

This is what a 1971 Charger has. The spring goes on the passenger side and the secondary hood latch is on the drivers side. If this is what you need let me know.

20210814_133601.jpg

I might be confused. The bracket that I currently have is the same as your pic, but the new Classic Industries/OER part I just received would have to have to have the spring on the driver side because of its design. The front of the bracket would also have to have a flange on it to mount the two nosepiece bolts. Its possible that it is Sattelite/RR/GTX ONLY. Thanks, drhill.

From looking a dozens of pics it looks like Barracuda/Challenger is the same because the Satellite/RR/GTX have a nose piece whereas the Charger does not. Looks like a mirror image.

Yep. Now I see the difference. The front edge does not have a flange to bolt the header panel. the spring and latch pocket are reversed. Classic is advertising that its strut support fits all 71-72 B and E bodies. It will NOT fit Charger.

I am sure I have what you need.

Let me know BpBp...
I have that Bracket/Plate for sure.. You need the spring too? Also when you say hood latch that is the piece that mounts on the underside of the hood but many call the hood "lock" the latch.. So that being said do you need the lock or the latch?

Lock, Latch and mounting plate.
Ok. Inside cable release or manual outside release? If Outside do you need the rod and the plate that lines up and holds the rod... Just trying to get you all the right stuff...

Ok Thanks I will look/gather everything up and get you pics after work on Monday...

Classic is advertising that its strut support fits all 71-72 B and E bodies. It will NOT fit Charger.
Classic is very good at doing that sort of thing. Hopefully they give you a full refund plus your shipping both ways. Same thing happened to me twice with them and finally had to call them out on here to get refunded.....

Actually its the correct part for my GTX, but it would be incorrect for a Charger. Classic lumped ALL the b-bodies together for the part.

Great. Thanks for your help.

Found the Support/Latch tray.. It's clean just has multiple layers of paint will sand blast-up nicely.. Still need to hunt the lock up also have the latch still on hood... Got home late as I away for a few days at the Nats and came home to some storm damage I had to clean up...
DSCN2633.JPG DSCN2634.JPG DSCN2635.JPG DSCN2636.JPG

Yes; that setup is correct. I don't need the vertical strut as that is the piece that Classic is selling new, but if you don't want to separate, it's ok. Just need the lock -still have the latch on MY hood also.

Yes; that setup is correct. I don't need the vertical strut as that is the piece that Classic is selling new, but if you don't want to separate, it's ok. Just need the lock -still have the latch on MY hood also.
I will separate. I just have to hunt down the latch... it's boxed away as i had it at Carlisle. It's been painted black I know that for sure so if that bothers you I can just sell you this latch tray... Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back