• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood Scoop,anybody done business with these folks

What does vfn want for a hemi scoop?

6467hemiscoop_zps5aebc182.jpg

3 inch: Price=120.00
64-67 Hemi Scoop. Bolt On 3"H x 34"W x 36"Long. Weight 3lbs. Ship: UPS

5 inch:
Price=140.00
64-67 5inch Hemi Scoop. Bolt On 5"H x 34"W x 36"Long. Weight 3lbs Ship: UPS

If you do a search there are a couple long threads discussing this.

I have a kramer 68 hemi scoop. I wouldnt doubt it weighs 10 lbs. Might weigh it tommorrow if I remember. Got to think a 3 pound scoops gonna be flimsy.

yep daredevil,thats what scared me off. I bought one today from http://www.glasstek.com 250.00. Buddy of mine bought a Dart hemi scoop from glasstek,and was very very happy with it. I called glasstek today and they said their scoop weighs somewhere in the 10-15 pound range,so that sold me on them plus my buddy getting his Dart scoop. AAR was 330.00 and Kramer 395.00. Glasstek also told me this a exact reproduction of a 66-67 hemi scoop,34" wide,37" long,3 1/2" high, damn that is a massive scoop

Sounds great - thanks for the details. Will you come back and post photos of installing it and the hood when finished?

yea no problem. Been doing research on this for 2 weeks . This scoop gotta be rite cause we go to car shows all the time,can't have a piece of shabby fiberglass sittin on top of your ride

Glasstek if you want show quality and craftmanship. I had Unlimited Products hoods that were very hard for my painter to get straight. The Glasstek hoods I have purchased have held up to 136 MPH without any cracking around the hood pins like the other hoods from Unlimited did.

I just received mine yesterday from Glasstek. It measures 33X39.75. According to the gurus Jim Schild and Larry Griffith the correct size is 33X39. I would say that glasstek is close enough. I JUST weighed it 8.75. it was $250 but $303 to my door he charges $15 for the box and charged me $48.85 UPS the box is 33X42X6 total package with hood was 11 lbs.. The box and shipping were both over charged. When it got here there was a hole in the box and the end of the scoop was chipped off. The scoop is loose in the box with no packing material AT ALL. I contacted him and he was good about it and said to have it fixed and send him the bill and he will file a claim with UPS. So now I will have to pay to get it fixed and wait until he gets his money back from UPS. Some day I may get paid back. Any how it looks good and seems to fit OK just setting it on the hood. Kramer is NUTS with all of his stuff. I would never buy from him from all of the feedback I have heard. I don't know how he stays in business.

check out this thread here and pm Superstock440. I just bought a 65 hemi scoop off him and it is solid and well made.
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/moparf...-Coronet/page2
Price was more than fair and cheaper than the other guys.
AL

Thanks for the info AL. Your link didn't work for me but I did a search under the username and think I found it here. I've sent him a PM for photos of the 67 style scoop.

Link:
http://www.forbbodiesonly.com/mopar...od-Scoop-for-65-Coronet/page2&highlight=scoop

Rule of thumb. If it seems too good to be true-IT IS

Hey Fu64ry,man I just ordered a scoop from glasstex as stated before,I also work for UPS,if your stuff was messed up on delivery,keep the original box,contact glasstex and go from there. We F stuff up all the time,my buddy just got his 340 hemi scoop from them and a valance for his 68 superbee and he is extremely happy with their stuff. My scoop will be in this week and will give update. Never heard any bad stuff from them and with talking with them,they will do whatever to make ya happy,just my 2$ worth

It was not UPS'S fault the hood was loose in the $15 (2cent) BOX. I am going to fix it and move on. I've had my fill of trying to resolve these kind of problems. Like the Amish............. forgive and move on.

I just received mine yesterday from Glasstek. It measures 33X39.75. According to the gurus Jim Schild and Larry Griffith the correct size is 33X39. I would say that glasstek is close enough. I JUST weighed it 8.75. it was $250 but $303 to my door he charges $15 for the box and charged me $48.85 UPS the box is 33X42X6 total package with hood was 11 lbs.. The box and shipping were both over charged. When it got here there was a hole in the box and the end of the scoop was chipped off. The scoop is loose in the box with no packing material AT ALL. I contacted him and he was good about it and said to have it fixed and send him the bill and he will file a claim with UPS. So now I will have to pay to get it fixed and wait until he gets his money back from UPS. Some day I may get paid back. Any how it looks good and seems to fit OK just setting it on the hood. Kramer is NUTS with all of his stuff. I would never buy from him from all of the feedback I have heard. I don't know how he stays in business.

Kramer just buys from venders tacks on his large percentage and ships. He's got a real racket over there. Hes a horrible businessman, I wont buy anything off of him either. Unfortunately,he has the exclusive on a few things but try to buy something when hes at Carlisle, try waiting 1.5 to 2 hours just to et his attention. I had a rear seat delete package tray waiting to be picked up there. Took my buddy 3 hours only for him to tell my buddy come back later hes going to eat lunch My buddy said WTF!!! Are you kidding me, needless to say, i never got my package tray and REM wont sell it direct only through Kramers.

Found the weight on the Kramer box. Fifteen pounds.This is what the 68 hemi scoop from Kramer looks like.

Attachments

• bike 176.jpg
    bike 176.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 284
  • bike 177.jpg
    bike 177.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 287
  • bike 178.jpg
    bike 178.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 276
Auto Transport Service
Back