• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood scoop Coronet 66-67

Mattias

Local time
12:34 PM
Reaction score
I'm planning to put a hood scoop on my Coronet -66. I would like to have the "low wide type" with original dimensions and look. Were there any hood scoops originally avaliable for the -66 Coronet?

If not, I guess I will go for -67 scoop, what types where avaliable for that year?

Maybe this has been discussed a lot but please guide me with a history lesson....

Who sells good repro scoops (or originals)?

the scoop that looks the best on your car is the 67 RO hemi scoop, I think it's the one you're thinking of. same one on my car.

I have the Hemi...really like it...my whole hood is fiberglass made by AAR in Fla.

0426151715.jpg

I have the six pack style on mine, but I think you’re looking for the hemi scoop.

D541A3C7-0B28-4356-934B-5A26510891F8.jpeg

I've always been a fan of the Max Wedge scoops. Unfortunately with my Tunnel Ram setup I need to have one custom made to clear.

I'm planning to put a hood scoop on my Coronet -66. I would like to have the "low wide type" with original dimensions and look. Were there any hood scoops originally avaliable for the -66 Coronet?

If not, I guess I will go for -67 scoop, what types where avaliable for that year?

Maybe this has been discussed a lot but please guide me with a history lesson....

Hello

Hello mine is the 67hemi type I believe from AAr fibreglass.about 2.5 inches tall

KIMG0020.JPG

I have the Hemi...really like it...my whole hood is fiberglass made by AAR in Fla.

View attachment 576880
Your scoop looks a little different from the other Hemi scoops in this thread. Is this Hemi with an ”own touch” or is it a different type? I like when the scoop is shorter in the bottom than in the top in the front, if you understand what I mean... the other Hemi scoops in this thread is the other way.

What scoop has the reinforcement ”pin” in the middle? Is that the Hemi?

Your car is very close to the ”goal picture” in my mind. I will definitely go for black car...
What years and models had the ”six pack” scoop?

Beware, the 6 pack scoops are not a simple bolt on. I was originally going to put one on mine but because they have a bottom flange all the way around the base they require extensive body work to line up with the indent on the 66/67 coronet hoods. that originally did not discourage me but after seeing a couple with older paint at local shows that opted for the same scoop I changed my mind. Because of the amount of filler and fiberglass needed to mount them, after awhile they start to show cracks at the base and can ruin an otherwise nice paint job.

Your scoop looks a little different from the other Hemi scoops in this thread. Is this Hemi with an ”own touch” or is it a different type? I like when the scoop is shorter in the bottom than in the top in the front, if you understand what I mean... the other Hemi scoops in this thread is the other way.
It's as I bought it, I don't believe it's been modified...I don't have a better pic of it but I think it's a Hemi Dart type...could be wrong...

116_0709_12_z-1968_hemi_dart-front_view.jpg 0426151714.jpg

Beware, the 6 pack scoops are not a simple bolt on. I was originally going to put one on mine but because they have a bottom flange all the way around the base they require extensive body work to line up with the indent on the 66/67 coronet hoods. that originally did not discourage me but after seeing a couple with older paint at local shows that opted for the same scoop I changed my mind. Because of the amount of filler and fiberglass needed to mount them, after awhile they start to show cracks at the base and can ruin an otherwise nice paint job.

You mean with a glass scoop bolted to a steel hood? Mines all fiberglass going on 7-8 years now, no issues.

AAR's scoop's, not mine duh. Think there should be a center mounted renforcement stud. The 64/65 Hemi
hs.JPG
scoop is curved in the back. The 67 Hemi scoop is straight in the back.

The 66 Coronet did not come with a scoop. The 67 W-O Coronets did. I make scoops for a living and the W-o / R-O scoops are a good seller. In the picture above it is listed as "Hemi,1966-1967 b-body bolt on for $340. Those scoops above are not mine. My scoops have a no stress mounting system with studs hanging down for easy mounting and a center opening stud also for $300 plus shipping. I have shipped to Sweeden to a guy named Jukka, Can't remember the last name. He just purchased a max wedge scoop and says his car is now complete. Every car on my website in the customers gallery has my scoop and usually a lot more. here is my contact info. [email protected] www.sledcityfiberglass.com 1-614-875-0369

Thanks for all of the info!

What is the difference between R/O and W/O scoops?

None. RO is the first two VIN numbers of Plymouth S/S cars WO is for Dodge S/S cars.

I got this one from year one, was about 240 with shipping about 2.5 months ago.

20180521_125915.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back