• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hood scoop Coronet 66-67

I have one on ebay right now and it shows the mounting system. A lot of people have replaced their scoops that have blown off with my scoops which carries a 5 year warranty.

Hey g
You mean with a glass scoop bolted to a steel hood? Mines all fiberglass going on 7-8 years now, no issues.
otta buddy with 67rt wants fiberglass hood wth scoop or steel with scoop got any info

I have one on ebay right now and it shows the mounting system. A lot of people have replaced their scoops that have blown off with my scoops which carries a 5 year warranty.
Do you make complete hood with as scoop for 67 RT

I make a stock design pin on hood and a bolt on R-O / W-O scoop. Nobody makes an all in one unit, and you are the first to ask me in the 25 years of me making scoops.

I make a stock design pin on hood and a bolt on R-O / W-O scoop. Nobody makes an all in one unit, and you are the first to ask me in the 25 years of me making scoops.
Thanks glassman I am building 67gtx but the scoop question was for a 67 rt buddy

Let me know if we can help you out. Made a client really happy today when he saw the hood I made him. 67 Dodge school bus hood, same as a pickup. Real light.

I got this one from year one, was about 240 with shipping about 2.5 months ago.

View attachment 611413
Hi...Very nice installation. I have a 1966 and 1967 Coronet 440, both convertibles and wish to install a scoop on the '66 unit as it is the "hot rod" version. That looks like the 2.5" height version, is that correct? Did you find this version of Year One fairly easy to install, with little modification at the base and hood join? Thanks for your consideration. Stay safe and best regards.

Make your own, I did.

0728201133c.jpg
0728201153a.jpg
0731201254.jpg

Hi...Very nice installation. I have a 1966 and 1967 Coronet 440, both convertibles and wish to install a scoop on the '66 unit as it is the "hot rod" version. That looks like the 2.5" height version, is that correct? Did you find this version of Year One fairly easy to install, with little modification at the base and hood join? Thanks for your consideration. Stay safe and best regards.
That scoop didn't come from Year One, and it didn't have any mountings hardware. I just made a template on the box it came in. With some careful measurements, it was easy enough.

Damn , I like that car more every time I see it.:thumbsup:
Thanks, I don't think it came from Year One, but at this point I may be mistaken. I will have to look it up as I save all receipts and records. I do know it's the lower profile scoop. Everything fits under the hood so other than the mounting points, there is no big hole for clearance.
Improvements have continuously been done for the last 2 years. There is just about nothing that hasn't been addressed. It is for sale and you cannot build it for the price.

Thanks, I don't think it came from Year One, but at this point I may be mistaken. I will have to look it up as I save all receipts and records. I do know it's the lower profile scoop. Everything fits under the hood so other than the mounting points, there is no big hole for clearance.
Improvements have continuously been done for the last 2 years. There is just about nothing that hasn't been addressed. It is for sale and you cannot build it for the price.
Yep Jerry, I know it's for sale, I have watched it come along as you have posted improvements on it.
Good thing I have one lol.
It is going to make someone one hell of a nice car.

No doubt about it...that car looks hot and it appears the scoop fits perfectly! My '66 is the same color with black interior and black convertible top. Yes, I'm installing the scoop and hopefully you will find its origin among the mountains of the receipts. I'll be watching the thread to see where the scoop was actually made.

The R-O/W-O scoops are mounted within 1/8" from the back of the hood from the factory

I'm planning to put a hood scoop on my Coronet -66. I would like to have the "low wide type" with original dimensions and look. Were there any hood scoops originally avaliable for the -66 Coronet?

If not, I guess I will go for -67 scoop, what types where avaliable for that year?

Maybe this has been discussed a lot but please guide me with a history lesson....

Who sells good repro scoops (or originals)?
I bought mine from Kramer, it will be the bolt on style. Not cheap but very high quality IMO.

Auto Transport Service
Back