• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hoovie buys a Superbird

It was wrecked, repaired with a "partial rebody" and restomodded with a non-original hemi engine and TKO 5-speed, and wasn't very well sorted when sold. It has the US car tools frame connectors. Not much original left on the car, I'm sure. He claims the core support SO# is there but the trunk SO# is gone.

Was it a body swap and they switched the core support and dash VIN tag? Or did they just replace the damaged metal? Anyone's guess I suppose. If it was a body swap I guess it would have the old trunk SO# from the donor body unless they chopped it out.

I don't watch these cars closely, but I suspect he'll get at least what he paid once it's sorted and back on the road.

I like the story of it was a race car that was t-boned and just the center of the car replaced. No pictures of anything... just a story.:)

I watched the vid. He finally admits it doesn’t have a matching VIN in the trunk gutter. Now he says... “well it was t-boned, and the quarter and trunk gutter had to be replaced. But all these old Mopars have had the sheet metal replaced. It has a steel nose cone, it’s a real Superbird”. The description on BAT, where he bought it said only the middle section was replaced and the front and rear were original. Well, “hoovie” says it’s real.:D

I hope he finds someone that really knows these cars and how to work on them.
Otherwise he won't get this fixed.

Might want to contact uncle tony, to name someone from the youtube crowd.

I have found most YouTube videos to be vanity based. A lot of face time and little accurate information. Cell phones have created a lot of "actors" and "producers". Children tying to impress their buddies.

I have found most YouTube videos to be vanity based. A lot of face time and little accurate information. Cell phones have created a lot of "actors" and "producers". Children tying to impress their buddies.
Very much true - seems everyone is a "personality" these days with a cell phone video...
at least they think so.
That's why I tend to gravitate towards the "nuts and bolts" type channels instead, ones full of the actual
doing vs. the "presenting" of what is supposedly being done.
If the host of those type channels are genuine and not putting on some sort of act, more the better.

I've always liked quirky, smaller channels as a result - like Cold War Motors, for example.
Bunch of regular, middle-aged guys in the Alberta area led by the host Scott - who has ridiculously
good metal working skills, learned and trained by who he worked for in younger years.
The man has integrity, albeit in a very informal atmosphere and surrounded by goofball friends who
aren't the least bit worried about putting on a show for the camera.

Disclaimer - I'm a big supporter of CWM and talked Scott into offering Patreon to his subscribers in
order to help defray the cost of production when he was about to give it up a few years ago;
since his channel doesn't have the mega-numbers of viewers YT pays revenue on, he lost money
every time he made a video, since it took him away from paying repair gigs to do so.
He didn't think anyone would go for it. I did. I'm glad to say (ok, I'm relieved to say) enough people
did to save the channel, meaning he got to continue doing what he loves (fixing up old cars) and

we the viewer got to keep getting fresh content every week. :thumbsup:

Channels like that, rather than the million views per episode "YouTube personalities", are to me why
YT is so valuable. There's an inexhaustable amount of content on there for all posterity, all for the
finding, viewing and referring to like a library.

Who’s to say the tech rulers don’t decide that gas engines are gross polluters, bad for the environment, and therefore “hateful”? Something to ponder.

Oh almost forgot:
another channel I've gravitated towards that's tiny right now is "House of Mopar".
Chuck the host is another one who isn't concerned about being a personality; he just makes
videos he thinks are interesting and hopes others will as well.
He's all Mopar, of course - has two vintage ones that he's always doing something to, in addition
to the usual pickups and what have you.
The type of projects he takes on with them are very relatable to the average Joe - budget conscious,
restoration or upgrade type stuff we all have done or are interested in trying.
Top it all off, Chuck's a genuine good guy, too. I can witness to that fact.

Very much true - seems everyone is a "personality" these days with a cell phone video...
at least they think so.
That's why I tend to gravitate towards the "nuts and bolts" type channels instead, ones full of the actual
doing vs. the "presenting" of what is supposedly being done.
If the host of those type channels are genuine and not putting on some sort of act, more the better.

I've always liked quirky, smaller channels as a result - like Cold War Motors, for example.
Bunch of regular, middle-aged guys in the Alberta area led by the host Scott - who has ridiculously
good metal working skills, learned and trained by who he worked for in younger years.
The man has integrity, albeit in a very informal atmosphere and surrounded by goofball friends who
aren't the least bit worried about putting on a show for the camera.

Disclaimer - I'm a big supporter of CWM and talked Scott into offering Patreon to his subscribers in
order to help defray the cost of production when he was about to give it up a few years ago;
since his channel doesn't have the mega-numbers of viewers YT pays revenue on, he lost money
every time he made a video, since it took him away from paying repair gigs to do so.
He didn't think anyone would go for it. I did. I'm glad to say (ok, I'm relieved to say) enough people
did to save the channel, meaning he got to continue doing what he loves (fixing up old cars) and
we the viewer got to keep getting fresh content every week. :thumbsup:

Channels like that, rather than the million views per episode "YouTube personalities", are to me why
YT is so valuable. There's an inexhaustable amount of content on there for all posterity, all for the
finding, viewing and referring to like a library.
There are always exceptions. Videos went to **** after being an influencer (no parentheses intentionally) actually became an occupation.

There are always exceptions. Videos went to **** after being an influencer (no parentheses intentionally) actually became an occupation.
That's where the money is - views on YT are the same as ratings are/were on TV to advertisers
and the whole "influencer/YT personality" thing....became a thing.
I leave that stuff to whoever likes that sort of thing and seek out the "real" channels, which are
still plugging away and producing things I like to watch, sans "influencing" pressures.

I've been into cabover/conventional truck builds for awhile. There are two really good Canadian YT series I like, and that is Peterbilt Mike and Twin Stick Garage. Both guys have THREE semi-tractor builds going on each! There is a guy in Oklahoma called Puddin's Fab Shop that is absolutely hilarious! Since there is nearly nothing on broadcast TV worth watching anymore, YT vids get the eyeballs.

Today is 6 degrees F outside. Today is going to be a YT kind of day!

Steve Magnante gets involved in the case.

He looks a bit nervous. :D

Wonder if anyone here knows the car, sounds like it has some interesting history.

I've seen this topic posted on several forums. It was as if this guy is supposed to be well known. I never heard of the guy....

Steve Magnante gets involved in the case.

He looks a bit nervous. :D

Steve is an enthusiastic guy but does come across as "spastic" . He darts around and has some unusual facial ticks that can be hard to watch.

Registry list has it as a 69 GTX body...
rhat just brings up all sorts of questions...
when i was looking at the underside of that car in the vids,i couldnt see where they clipped it.
( did anyone else see? )
do you think they just rebodied the entire car and hung the front numbers build tag and vin tag back on it?
does anyone know where the gtx numbers are? or where the car was supposedly fixed and when and by whom??
and if they did rebody it,where did the rear glass and wing and roof come from if it was supposedly smashed hard in the center and rear?
these are all questions that pop into my fronz,after reading the whole storyline.

Y'all might want to do a little Googlin' on the guy (Steve M.). Like him or not, his credits in both
media and print are quite extensive - including his own show on MT TV right now, as well
as a recurring role hosting Barrett.
Yeah, he's sort of an oddball but I think he was trying to appease both sides of the argument
on Hoovies' car, too. Very diplomatically telling that for-real oddball that his car is a butcher
job that isn't exactly illegal, but isn't exactly considered legit, either.

which video were you watching??
3:50 thru 4:15
" but what you have on your car,which makes it royal,is the Vin,with the R code.
so theres no doubting that is the most important part,now if the rest of the car has been cobbled,
or whatever,its still Real !! "

that statement made me rewind like 30 times...he was being serious.
this is our pro??...Wow.
just roll out your faked superbird or daytona,its now considered legit if it has a legit vin tag anywheres on it..........

Steve will take a dime from anywhere these days it seems since he's not on the BJ stage with his buddy Galen. You should see his sales job on a cobbled from a /6 to a now "original" 340 Duster that's in a used car sales showroom...check out the VIN tag.... that he so proudly points out..

Auto Transport Service
Back