• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hoovie buys a Superbird

funknut

Local time
12:10 AM
Reaction score
Wonder if anyone here knows the car, sounds like it has some interesting history.

I watched the video, he's mildly entertaining, even though the youtube'r that I watch more than him is his buddy The Car Wizard. I can't wait to see what The Car Wizard has to say about this car. From watching the video, it looks like the car rides like ****, which is opposite of every B-Body I've ever ridden in.

I think that car has serious issues as does the driver that need straightened out .
:lol:

I used to live kind of near him in Wichita. I like his videos mostly. He doesn't take himself so seriously as some YouTubers do.

He looks Rich by those "Super Cars" in his garage...
PS: The Daytona did not dominate...
Ford took the Manufactures Cup in 1969
But 1970...was a Different Story

Holy cow that things got issues. We should start an under/over for the Wizard’s bill.

We used to have an old truck that rode pretty bad but not that bad. The old joke was if you grabbed hold of yourself the bumpy ride would do all the work for you.

I don’t sub the guy. Not interested in a rich guy spending his money. But I did watch that one on BAT. The VIN comes back as a rebodied ‘69 GTX. One things for sure... the only thing left from that Hemi 4 speed Superbird is the VIN plate.
I think he paid $130k for it. If it was OG, I’d imagine it would be north of $400k.

I like and regularly watch hoovie.

That said 130k with almost nothing original and lots of problems? Have they really gone that high?
On the other hand i have recently seen a 69 r/t charger almost identical to mine that needs totally restored for 50k. So maybe they really did.

I might really have to replace my 1989 560SEC with a 1990 ZR-1 next year before they go for crazy money aswell. (Seems like they're starting to go up in value)

He looks Rich by those "Super Cars" in his garage...
PS: The Daytona did not dominate...
Ford took the Manufactures Cup in 1969
But 1970...was a Different Story

I believe in 1970, the Dodge Charger won the most races. 10. The Charger not the Daytona, as the Charger ran at a lot of the smaller tracks.

I tried to watch it. He’s telling that same old tired, rehash about how they didn’t sell, and lots were converted to Road Runners. I was a kid in the 70’s, I don’t remember that at all. And, he’s convinced it’s an original Hemi Superbird and not something else. I asked on BAT for the trunk VIN. No response. While that wouldn’t tell you what it was, it will certainly tell you what it isn’t.

I took him to school somewhat in the comments. That boy is self-made, but his freakish goofiness
is why he's so popular with the younger crowd - and allows him the money to buy whatever he
wants. He's getting TV deals now, too.
Goes to show - you don't need to know dick about cars to make a living off them.

I’ll definitely agree his facts are in order about as well as the car... Sucks they did a rebody I would rather have a repaired original and saved the GTX but hey that’s me..

I’ll definitely agree his facts are in order about as well as the car... Sucks they did a rebody I would rather have a repaired original and saved the GTX but hey that’s me..

It says’69 GTX here. I’d think it would have been much easier to use the ‘70 Belvedere body.
14F729B2-43AE-41EF-BF9B-8117E3B142BD.jpeg

Hoovie took it to the Car Wizard in today's video... He must have read some of the comments on Forums and in the video comments.

He keeps saying it’s a real Hemi Superbird. I like that. I’m going to say my 318 Satellite is a GTX. That I built, not Chrysler. :)

It says’69 GTX here. I’d think it would have been much easier to use the ‘70 Belvedere body.View attachment 1207527

Sidenote - the 12th car down on that list showing as owned by Louis Spinn Jr. but with no details; his son lives near me and I was in his garage and saw a picture of that bird, I could probably ask for details if whoever is running the registry want them.

Those guys are clueless about Mopars... is this hoovie guy really that gullible to believe that race track “t-boned” story? If he is, the seller said it was hit and replaced in the middle. The trunk VIN should still match. I’m betting it doesn’t.

I tried to watch it. He’s telling that same old tired, rehash about how they didn’t sell, and lots were converted to Road Runners. I was a kid in the 70’s, I don’t remember that at all. And, he’s convinced it’s an original Hemi Superbird and not something else. I asked on BAT for the trunk VIN. No response. While that wouldn’t tell you what it was, it will certainly tell you what it isn’t.
I worked with a guy that had an uncle that owned the local dealership (he had the same last name as the name of the dealership anyways) and says his uncle did remove the wing and nose from a car that just sat in the showroom for way too long. I didn't care for those cars back then either and have heard of other dealers doing the same thing. The non-winged cars were popular so it was cost effected to pull off those parts instead of just selling the car wholesale or taking a loss on it.....

Auto Transport Service
Back