• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.
Dec

Hot August Nights Reno

I want to go to this show sometime. Not sure Im anxious to drag the car along for it though.

I'll probably be driving my boring *** mini-van. Even worse it's a Ford. It's 800 miles to Reno for me.

As of right now there is no plan to have the Mopar show at A&W in Sparks on that friday. That show for many years was put on by the Battle Born Mopars Car Club. It was called "Mopars on the Grass" because of the lawn on the corner at that location. Since the move to the only A&W in Sparks, the show has not been as popular. There is also new owners of the A&W and they are still getting into the car show game. That is all I can say as of now.

As of right now there is no plan to have the Mopar show at A&W in Sparks on that friday. That show for many years was put on by the Battle Born Mopars Car Club. It was called "Mopars on the Grass" because of the lawn on the corner at that location. Since the move to the only A&W in Sparks, the show has not been as popular. There is also new owners of the A&W and they are still getting into the car show game. That is all I can say as of now.
Don’t they have the parking?

Don’t they have the parking?
They have a decent lot, not as big of a space as the Reno A&W had. The Battle Born Mopars have had shows there in the past but traffic control and the drive through is tough.

Last edited:
And the old L Shaped A&W was better still

There is an impromptu Mopar show at A&W Sparks tonight (friday) 4-6pm. For out of towners, Sparks Blvd is a commuter route and gets busy around 445ish.

My standard routine is a Saturday visit. I am in Reno/Sparks around Noon to just past sundown. I used to go with some friends until health conditions made it hard for them to get around . For the past several years, it has been me and the Wife.

Last edited:
There is an impromptu Mopar show at A&W Sparks tonight (friday) 4-6pm. For out of towners, Sparks Blvd is a commuter route and gets busy around 445ish.
So, you post on July 6th there's not gonna be a Mopar show.... I cancel my plans since I'm more interested in the Mopar gathering than the rest of HAN... Then you pop back in on August 4th to tell us there's gonna be a show on the same day (August 4th) and same location that we previously expected a show..... Oh, the reason there wasn't gonna be a show? Low attendance in recent years.... Well the past two years attendance has been down at every event (we all know why).... This year attendance will be down at the Mopar gathering Why you ask??? Well I'm gonna go out on a limb and suggest poor communication..... Had nothing been said about no Mopar show my friends & I would be in Reno now and planning to attend the gathering @ A&W... But had A&W not happened we would have found plenty of other things to keep us busy... Instead we didn't drive three hours up to Reno.... So have fun at your little gathering....

.... Had nothing been said about no Mopar show my friends & I would be in Reno now and planning to attend the gathering @ A&W... But had A&W not happened we would have found plenty of other things to keep us busy... Instead we didn't drive three hours up to Reno.... So have fun at your little gathering....
But think of all that gas money you saved by not going!

Some photos from Atlantis yesterday morning. Give us a shout out if one of these is yours or someone you know.
20230803_110847.jpg
20230803_111621.jpg
20230803_111328.jpg
20230803_111801.jpg
20230803_112017.jpg
20230803_111355.jpg
20230803_112106.jpg
20230803_112522.jpg
20230803_112611.jpg
20230803_112756.jpg

We did the swap meet this morning and just got downtown for the rest of the day so I won't be making A&W.

Any Mopar related treasures at the swap?
I find that each time I have gone, I pay the fee to look at old gas station signs, pre war Chevy parts, dudes selling Harbor Freight tools and not much else.

Auto Transport Service
Back