• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hot hedders

moparsquid

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
6:11 AM
Reaction score
hi id like your thoughts on ceramic tipped spark plug wires the pros and cons and recommendations . currently i'm using MSD straight boot with doug's headers and seems one on each side is a bit to close and i really don't want to dimple the tubes

I use Blue Streak ceramic tipped wires and there excellent. I still have to use heat shield/tubes on a couple of wires due to there proximity to the header tubes. 440'

I bought a set of crimp your own ceramic wires on eBay. I have the 90 degree set and they work good but required some creativity in routing since the wires are still susceptible to damage if they touch the headers.

If I had to do it again, I'd likely buy the straight boot set.

With that said, they are excellent wires, easy to crimp to custom length and not gonna have any burned boots with these.

I am using Accell ceramic 9000 series on all 3 of my cars. No complaints.

I have had ceramics now for about 5 years & will never go back. No problems since installing them. I believe mine are Accell also.

Some MSD straight plugs can be bent quite a bit. They call them "Multi-Angle" boots. I don't know if that is what you have, but if it is, you might be able to gain a little clearance with a little creative bending. I did that to gain a little clearance for the header on my 360. I also added a couple of heat boots. I have put about 500-600 miles on the car with the set up pictured and the boots still look like new (I pulled them off this past weekend to change sparkplugs).

38C62FBE-C4AC-411E-965F-C472A29A9203.jpg

Some MSD straight plugs can be bent quite a bit. They call them "Multi-Angle" boots. I don't know if that is what you have, but if it is, you might be able to gain a little clearance with a little creative bending. I did that to gain a little clearance for the header on my 360. I also added a couple of heat boots. I have put about 500-600 miles on the car with the set up pictured and the boots still look like new (I pulled them off this past weekend to change sparkplugs).

View attachment 1363015
yes i know of them my problem is they tend to be close on the tip connector i was going to try hedder plugs and ceramic plug wires

Auto Transport Service
Back