• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hotchkis Leaf Spring Question

gastona

Local time
2:09 PM
Reaction score
I have a 72 Road Runner and I'm looking to replace my leaf springs. I was thinking of going with the Hotchkis leaf springs.

http://www.hotchkis.net/mopar_b_body_geometry_corrected_sport_leaf_springs.html

My question is would these springs fit a 72? They state that they fit 66-70 B Bodies, but other springs (like the Mopar performance) state they fit from 66-72, has any one attempted to install these springs on a 71 or later B Body?

On a separate note, are these springs worth the cost? Has anyone installed these springs?

I have them in my '68 Sport Satellite. I like them, but I have only driven on the street and not on the track. I imagine I would notice more of a difference if I compared on the track in the twisties. Seems like a great design from the way they are set up though. A bit stiffer than I'm used to, but not a jarring ride at all. Are they worth the cost? Depends on your application. I've also ridden in other members' cars with New stock replacement springs from Summit with an added leaf, as well as heard good things from people with Eaton XHD springs. If cost were a factor, I'd probably go with Eaton XHD's and you can select +/- 1" if you want.

Something tells me the 68-70 will not fit a 72. I may be wrong.

I have them in my '68 Sport Satellite. I like them, but I have only driven on the street and not on the track. I imagine I would notice more of a difference if I compared on the track in the twisties. Seems like a great design from the way they are set up though. A bit stiffer than I'm used to, but not a jarring ride at all. Are they worth the cost? Depends on your application. I've also ridden in other members' cars with New stock replacement springs from Summit with an added leaf, as well as heard good things from people with Eaton XHD springs. If cost were a factor, I'd probably go with Eaton XHD's and you can select +/- 1" if you want.

Thanks for the advice and insight.

you are welcome Sir! Call Hotchkis and talk with them. They're very helpful and will steer you in the right direction.

Auto Transport Service
Back