• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How about just a random picture. NOT the entire car

Getting it ready for the long cold winter.

Tom

20211103_153450.jpg

Things change. i used to hate those dealer emblems on cars when they were common. Now, they are seriously cool, cause they disappeared.
I wish I had a couple to put on my cars.
I guess license plate frames with the dealers name did em in......
Here's mine on my 1964 Polara. Car was sold new in London, Ontario, where I bought it from the original owner in 1980. I moved it about 20 miles south to St. Thomas, and finally about 15 miles southeast to Copenhagen, so it has not gone too far away from its original home over the years. McManus Dodge was one of the largest Dodge dealers in Ontario in the '60's and '70's. I, too, never liked the dealer plaques and licence plate frames. I felt that I was advertising for them for free. When I first "restored" my Polara in the early '80's, I threw the somewhat crusty sign away. Years later, McManus Motors ceased to be, and I regretted getting rid of the plaque, from a historical perspective. This time, I performed a very detailed rebuild of my old Dodge, and even purchased a NOS McManus Motors emblem from a fellow that worked there years ago. It is now proudly back on my trunk lid, attached in the original drilled holes.

PA160044.JPG

P6130004.JPG

PB180012.JPG

Auto Transport Service
Back