• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I reverse fitment use for spark plugs......

bandit67

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
1:27 AM
Reaction score
Guys, I was given a small box of new 'old' spark plugs, mostly Autolite , Champion, NGK and a few AC s . Is there an easy way to find out what they fit. I can find several websites that show cross references to other name brand plugs, but not what engines they fit. Hate to just chuck em....

IMG_0453.jpg

Guys, I was given a small box of new 'old' spark plugs, mostly Autolite , Champion, NGK and a few AC s . Is there an easy way to find out what they fit. I can find several websites that show cross references to other name brand plugs, but not what engines they fit. Hate to just chuck em....

View attachment 1392840
I do know that the NGK's box number #5030 and plug number #BCP7ES fit my big block SR heads and if you would like to sell 'em, let me know.

If they are made before the late 60s, they are unlikely to have the copper centre electrode, which greatly improved ignition capability & widened the heat range. Not sure about other brands, but NGK does reference copper in the part number.

Auto Transport Service
Back