• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I tell my friend that I don’t want him working with me on my car anymore?

Tell him to look at FBBO.com and read some of the blogs. If he never comes over again, mission accomplished.

Why not just mention to your friend. You have alot to do. And no time to carry conversation. Then theres no hard feelings. You dont lose sleep over something you might regret. .

I suggest you offer to massage him every time he comes over. Either he gets turned off and leaves or turned on and stays.
I thought you were going to suggest to install a TV in the garage and start playing Gay Midget **** every time he comes over. :D

Sitting at Hooters in Hollywood one day with a bunch of Mopar guys, an Aussie called and asked directions to the restaurant. I handed the phone to ANOTHER Aussie at the table. I have NO IDEA what language either one of them was speaking. Maybe it’s a communication issue.
That's just farking hilarious. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sending the neighbour a link to this thread might be good for a laugh.

As you are about to do things on your car, consider if he could do one of them. Then save that task for the next time he comes over. If he is successful, it's a win. Give him more jobs fit for a novice, not hard or critical. You will get his time and finish your car sooner. You'll have to invest time in teaching on tools, technique, or materials, but nothing is free
Always have a job waiting and he will either get better at wrenching or find another place where he can just talk and not have to work on anything. Or, he may like it and end up doing a lot of work on your car.

Talk him into working on a car of his own. That way you can get even !

The problem started when you asked for something you didn't have and he did. Loaning money from him put you on the above friend list. You figured out how to ask him for the money by being honest, try it again.

Hot Chicken Wings and alot of cheap beer.
You'll quickly find yourself alone.

You may have to sit him down and have a talk with him but after you guys both scrape the undercoating off of course.

I have had this issue. My friend is actually decent mechanic. And likes the cars and used to join me on local track test & tune. He is always broke. So none of his money is ever close. He is always broke because he's a drunk. He is fun for me to meet at the local watering hole. But he drinks everyday and at a different level. I finally told him he can't be apart of the car thing. That it's not a drinking sport. We still meet time to time. And I miss his camaraderie and even enthusiasm. But he made mistakes that cost me parts. Thankfully nothing during street/strip time. But that was just a matter of time.

Last edited:
Put him in front of the parts cleaner, sand blaster, paint stripper, etc, or quit playing midget ****.

... or, you could get someone over to keep him busy elsewhere
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEMLGWKMI5uBx-TGtwNAQy7CXoPk_h_rs8ww&usqp=CAU.jpg

several things come to mind,
you can do the excuse me while i answer my fone,then tell him you have to go somewheres.* poof *
or
you can do what i do when people have gotten to the annoying phase,
turn up the shop radio to Very loud and focus on whatever you are working on.
they tend to go away quickly....
advice,if they like country then play rap,if they like rap then play country.
also,have a Good stereo system with fairly big speakers.

having said all this,it does indeed look like he invested money into you and your dream,and is now trying to live it with you.
i agree that you should start tasking him with little projects ( and keep the radio on,albeit not As loud ).

I thought were going to suggest to install a TV in the garage and start playing Gay Midget **** every time he comes over. :D

That's just farking hilarious. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sending the neighbour a link to this thread might be good for a laugh.

LIke watching Aussie Gold.... I can't understand half of what they say... Don't get me going on the Brits shows........

I thought were going to suggest to install a TV in the garage and start playing Gay Midget **** every time he comes over. :D
I try to be classy and the members here drag me back into the mess once again.

if those women are at your shop you will have more friends then him!!!!!

oh no.jpg

I actually find dwarves and midgets to be completely UNattractive.

Auto Transport Service
Back