• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do I tell my friend that I don’t want him working with me on my car anymore?

Alright, 4 pages of stuff. If the OP ever looks this far -

Your neighbor is looking for a social circle. If it's no good in the garage, pick one night a week to hit the local pub/bar/tavern for cheeseburger and beers with him. He's not into cars, sounds like he just needs a friend. Unless he's a total horses a** and impossible to be around.

Alright, 4 pages of stuff. If the OP ever looks this far -

Your neighbor is looking for a social circle. If it's no good in the garage, pick one night a week to hit the local pub/bar/tavern for cheeseburger and beers with him. He's not into cars, sounds like he just needs a friend. Unless he's a total horses a** and impossible to be around.
Yeah, OP last seen a month ago and only 5 posts but at least some others will get some good info from all this.....I hope.

I get it, I have a few that will drop in from time to time and yack nonstop wrecking my concentration. Worst one was a friend who's an "expert" welder, he really wanted to do some welding so I explained why I do it the way I do and let him at it.. I had to redo it! It was welding a floor section in, I explained that I like the amps set high so when I'm done it's welded all the way through, he turned the amps down and as you can imagine I could still see the separation on the opposite side so now I'm welding from underneath. Fortunately it doesn't happen often enough to be a problem so I don't mind.

As posted before. My problem is my friend and alcohol. Don't get me wrong. I love my beer. But I don't have to drink everyday. Can go weeks if so required. But he can't. And he truly believes that he is a totally functional drunk. But of course that isn't true. I have explained that muscle cars and drag racing is not a drinking sport. Someone will get hurt eventually.

It's hard to deny free wrench hands. And he's not a complete tool when it comes to mechanics. It's just too many errors and shortcuts when drunk. So no more.

He is now having health issues due to his lifestyle. So problem is self correcting. Just not the way anyone would hope.

I have an old saying that applies to more than just working on cars ....... "worthless with a beer in your hand" ...... even if not drunk, you need both hands to get **** done

Auto Transport Service
Back