• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you get this piece off of the dash ?

Well I did mine a year or two ago (black). Pulled the whole dash out and took it apart on the bench which sure made life easier. Sprayed all the "soft" parts with SEM. I had the frame dipped which got all the deep rust down by the windshield. Washed it well and rattle can primed it with self etch primer - underside as well. Sprayed the underside with rattle can "stainless steel" which pretty well resembles bare steel (not that I care). Shot the topside with Rustoleum "textured" black. Didn't worry about overspray on the underside.

If you go this route, assemble it carefully so as not to scratch your fresh painted surfaces. Also, measure where the bird goes relative to the road runner badge.

There are four flat head screws that are behind the switch plate holding the inner tabs of the pad onto the dash frame 2 on the top and one in each corner.....So apparently you don't have those because your car was not complete.....In that case then yes you can do that but not everyone has an "incomplete" car...

In other words a dash that has been previously meddled with.....

Do you notice the tabs? There are three you can see....The center two and the far right one, the left one is not shown
View attachment 572133
These are the hidden screws i referred to earlier. The one on the left goes through a slot not a hole. That is the key to removal & installation.

These are the hidden screws i referred to earlier. The one on the left goes through a slot not a hole. That is the key to removal & installation.
There are two slots and 2 screws on each side.....so if both screws are in place then no it won't work...

Auto Transport Service
Back