• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How do you i d the year of a 727 trans

moparjohnny

Local time
9:14 AM
Reaction score
Where do i look for the year of the trans?

There are numbers on the edge of the casting right above the pan. You can cross reference your tranny numbers with some online databases of casting numbers. It should narrow it down.

I believe my tranny book has the year chart. Post the numbers and we'll see if we can help.

There is a 10,000 day calendar date on the side by the oil pan rail. Yes, that is right, Mopar used a 10,000 day calendar for that. Why, who knows. Someone was having fun...

# is where by the oil pan? driver side? front? Where? thanks

Date coded case or what is inside it? Many older 727s have the '71 and newer pump/input shaft/stator support and wide band front drum

# is where by the oil pan? driver side? front? Where? thanks

TF part number.jpg

From a for sale post on a trans

I dont see a PK number or date code

hemi-trans.jpg

Some sources claim there were no consistent date codes prior to 1969. The raised casting dates on the individual parts give a clue to the approximate year.

I don't know the date code numbers, but the reverse/neutral switch is a 1971 and newer type, which means the shift selector rooster comb would have to be compatible with the switch.

Auto Transport Service
Back