• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How does a guy own a car since 1994 and just today realize

furious70

Local time
4:27 PM
Reaction score
that it was originally A4 silver and not W1 white? :screwy:

That guy is me. I don't remember any silver when we repainted it from the white/black it was to the dark gray I did in 1995. IMO the white looks better with the black top and red gut. I have no photos from 1994 unfortunately.

PXL_20220610_222900874.jpg

A lot has changed with this hobby since 1994. That's about the same time I went to Oklahoma and found my 69 Roadrunner. I was just thrilled to find a really solid builder. Didn't give two hoots about a fender tag, build sheet, numbers or anything else. I painted it the color I liked and am still happy with that decision. I couldn't tell you now specifically what color mine was originally either. I just remember a dark green, which I didn't like.

Enjoy the car!

Pretty striking original color combo. And as already said, the hobby has become a lot more technical, and as a result, more interesting.
I can remember a time when nobody asked if a car was #-matching !

I wouldn’t say the hobby has become more technical. I did a 68 Charger back between 94 and 96 and build sheets, fender tags, and color codes were frequently discussed by the other owners, car clubs, and periodicals of the time.

I think individual owners just become more knowledgeable and technical as they grow with the hobby.

Yes, and as a 318 car that had a mid 70's 360 2bbl in it when I bought it, I didn't really care what it was. I do wish I had kept it white, I've had too many silver cars lol.
I do wish I had kept/been careful with the 440 trim. I through it up in the loft at one point but most of it was mangled so I pitched it.

And it was only a $600 car. How times have changed, even in 1994 I paid $600 for a running/driving b body with no rust through holes and a soso interior

A4 silver is kind of rare in a 69 Dodge, more so with red interior.

Latched onto my '63 Fury in '94, CA car that had been driven to WI in '89 and parked in a garage with the CA plates still on it. Was white, white vert top, red interior. Having it redone in 2016 was just about to stay with white, but my brother prodded me to change the color. Now it's a 2010 era Chrysler gray with a black top. Glad I made the change after going through 150 shades of gray to choose from

Latched onto my '63 Fury in '94, CA car that had been driven to WI in '89 and parked in a garage with the CA plates still on it. Was white, white vert top, red interior. Having it redone in 2016 was just about to stay with white, but my brother prodded me to change the color. Now it's a 2010 era Chrysler gray with a black top. Glad I made the change after going through 150 shades of gray to choose from
We really don't need to know about your shades of gray phase.....

We really don't need to know about your shades of gray phase.....
Yeah, okay I know, heard somewhere about 50 shades of gray. Bullshit; waiting for the movie 150 shades…to come out..

Where do you get the Dodge quarter panel vinyl sticker? Can't seem to find it anywhere without a damn Ram.

Three years or so ago I was talking to a guy re doing a 68 Charger on a rotisserie making it his way. I asked him if it was a 318 or 383 car originally and he said he had no idea. So it does happen...

Numbers matching was a thing in 1976 when I bought my first good car.

Update. Ask ANY Hellcat owner something about their car. Most know little, some know nothing.

Update. Ask ANY Hellcat owner something about their car. Most know little, some know nothing.
Mine is white knuckle and demonic red to match what I thought the Coronet was lol. And the vin happens to end in 318, which I laughed at when it was issued.

I wouldn’t say the hobby has become more technical. I did a 68 Charger back between 94 and 96 and build sheets, fender tags, and color codes were frequently discussed by the other owners, car clubs, and periodicals of the time.

I think individual owners just become more knowledgeable and technical as they grow with the hobby.
Actually since 83 - 84.

Auto Transport Service
Back