• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How does PCV Valve come off?

piver

Local time
4:20 AM
Reaction score
Some help please guys - how does this PCV Valve come off? It’s a stock Valve Cover and PCV Valve, may have been attached for a long time. Have put some lube etc. around the Grommet and put all my muscle into pulling it off, but not even budging. Baffle on underside makes working it from other side impossible. I’m sure it will come off if I start shimming something under the Grommet, but I’d like to try saving it from breaking into pieces. Is there a tool or something I’m missing here?
IMG_5646.jpeg

It just pulls out. But if the rubber grommet has gotten hard with age, it may resist a little. Begin by twisting it. Once its good and loose, twist and pull. A warm grommet will be softer than a harsh cold winter grommet. The lip on the underside of the PCV valve is not very prominent. It may help if you lose your patience with it. :p

edit: You can try heating it a bit with a propane torch. Not alot, but some may help. If the cover is off the car, set it out in the hot sun for a while.

Just yank it off. Turn it around and around, back and forth, and just yank it off. The grommet is available if it's hardened.

Just twist and pull it out

If the cover is still on the engine, fire it up and get it warm

if not, take a heat gun to warm it. It should pull right out

pcv-vslve.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back