• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How fat is my Fury?

My 64 Belvedere racecar is 3120 lbs w/o fuel or driver, 3350lbs race ready. That's after 1/8" Lexan windows, no regulators, doors gutted, no back seat, light front seats (Magnesium frames, aluminum mounts, 18lbseach), tube steering column shaft, carbon fiber bumper mounts, glass hood, aluminum 5 gal fuel cell and mounts, aluminum drive shaft, light brakes w/aluminum hubs and calipers, aluminum radiator, aluminum hood pins, aluminum heads, aluminum intake, aluminum water pump, aluminum motor plate, aluminum wheels, aluminum shocks, K-frame cut, tube strut rods. Stock gauge cluster, wiper assy, all heater box assy, carpet padding, hood hinges and latches, leaf springs, exhaust system, spare /jack are all removed. It does have a full cage +aprox 100lbs, mega block +50lbs, 2nd battery +45lbs, . Dana with spool is about equal to a 8 3/4 sure grip. Most of the gutted stuff doesn't show. But it shows you what it takes to get it light.
Doug

View attachment 849066 View attachment 849067

That's great Doug. You did a lot of good work in keeping the car still kinda stock looking to a point and getting it so light. And it looks great of course. As I said about my 63 I have not lightened it at all and its a hair over 3700 lbs without me as it still has the power drum brakes on all 4 wheels and the heater box is still in the car. It stops ok from the 125 mph 1/4 mile blast but if I ever do make it much faster it will get the disc brakes at least up front which I hope to do some time in the future when I can afford to. Ron

413996681.jpg

My '63 330 is at 3,380 lbs. All steel, full interior, roll bar, 440, exhaust, Dana 60, steel wheels. The only concession is the heaterbox I deleted. 3,600 lbs. with me in the drivers seat.

Auto Transport Service
Back