• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How is the radio supported in the dash?

SwedCharger67

Local time
11:01 PM
Reaction score
I managed to find the correct radio for my 67...but bits and pieces missing. What is it supposed to look like behind the dash?

The parts manual doesn't appear to show how the radio should be supported, and someone thought that there should be an additional support bar linking the upper and lower back end of the dash frame. Here is what mine looks today, and certainly the radio has to be safely supported by something, it might brake the fragile plastic.
Here the whole thing is showed upside down...

Radio_in_dash.jpg

Last edited:
I don't about that model, but in a 68-70 B Body, I would expect a brace attaching to that gold coloured nut from the bottom of the dash frame. Looks like that brace may be missing on your dash - hence the two holes below that nut. :eusa_think:

- - - Updated - - -

Here is a shot I quickly scanned of my dash prior to rebuild.....

I agree with Kiwi, it looks like someone has removed the bracket at some stage. Here's a pic from the front that shows the mount for the bolt on the back of the radio.

Radio mount.jpg

Thanks for interesting info guys. The brace appears to be welded on your newer models...I wonder if it was just some sort of brace attached with sheet metal screws on the 66-67 Chargers...

Yeah just a brace from the bottom of the dash up to the radio attached by screws

Radio support bracket.

There is a bracket that goes on the gold stud on the back of the radio, to the bottom of the dash.

I didn't get a chance to check on this today Martin, but if memory serves, mine looks like this one...

1967 coronetBracket.jpg

Excellent! Many thanks Mike(?)! First time I get a glimpse of what it should look like...not even my new King-Kong-size laptop could help me...I simply keep on struggling with the parts manual...don't know if there is any way the pdf-file could be made searchable... :eek:ccasion14:

Auto Transport Service
Back