• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many are running the factory LX Computer?

First are ya gonna use the stock computer? What year of computer?....05 is the best to use, stay away from the 03. You will need the automatic trans turned off by a CMR tuner (lxmodguy can do that for ya) and he can also tune your combo. Call hotwireauto.com and talk to Chris, he can set you up on the harness (stay with the fuel injection, you will be happier in the end). Either the truck or Durango ecu will be fine just make sure to get the 05, and the 03 engine is just fine. Send lxmodguy a pm, and he'll set you straight, also very easy to talk with and can answer all your ?'s.

Thanks for the info. I was thinking a stock ECU and i will start looking for an 05 durango for it. I will call Chris.

Ken

easiest harness and computer setup is an 05 5.7 truck ecm and harness. If you order the harness and computer through me I can save you some $$

I have a question about transmission controllers. I have a local guy selling a 45RFE with a 244 D transfer case. Im looking into using it behind a 318 LA carburated engine. Can I use the 05 truck ecu instead of say a tci ez tcu? Im looking at an aftermarket efi or magnum swap further down the road. But for now I just want to use this transmission with the engine setup I have. Any suggestions?

Auto Transport Service
Back