• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How many months a year does the weather allow you to drive your Mopar and where?

# of months you can drive your Mopar

• less than 3 months a year

Votes: 18 5.5%
  • 3-6 months a year

Votes: 93 28.5%
  • 6-9 months a year

Votes: 101 31.0%
  • more than 9 months a year

Votes: 114 35.0%

• Total voters
MA. 6 months maybe. After this crap ends it takes months to melt. 2015 Snow.jpg20150210_154459 (2).jpg

13 months a year. Trouble with living in arid environments is that when the rains do come, the roads become super slippery and accidents are always around the corner. I plowed my 300 through an (empty) intersection into some picket fences and bushes donig 25mph because the front drums locked up.

I use my mopar(s) as a primary driver/commuter unless there is snow or something needs fixed, then the '97 ram gets put into service.

Drove the Road Runner 10k miles until October last year, then drove the '73 Challenger until early January, stored it, then got it out again mid March. 6500 miles so far.

Had to scrape windows a lot, got caught when it snowed twice, and got caught again when we had some flash flooding. On my way back from work one day I had to cross a flooded road.

I had to ford the ford with my Dodge, would have rather dodged the ford with my Dodge or forded the ford with a Ford....

I daily drive mine, right now live in South Carolina and drove my car frozen as a Popsicle, and whoever says you can't daily drive a double pumper, I do it and I tuned my motor so perfectly that on a 7* morning full of snow and ice on it. My car turned over first try and idled great while warming up and that's with a semi big cam.

I live in sunny SoCal where it literally never rains. Year around Mediterranean style weather. We pray for rain around here so when it comes everyone is happy. I can drive 12 months out of the year no problem. As you well know we have plenty of other problems to deal with like living in close proximity to 15m of your closest friends, traffic, cost of living, etc. Driving the mopar is not one of the problems.

008.jpgHere in Anchorage we don't usually see bare ground until early May and freezing temps are gone by mid May. June, July and August we can drive our hot rods...we had our first freeze August 25th this year. Summers are short but dramatic!

Everyday here in the ATL....July and August can be a b*tch if you don't have AC though.

image.jpgAll year. Who dug up this thread?

Almost year-round here in OK. We have giant hail and tornado season pretty much year-round, so in May and October especially, you have to plan ahead and be vigilant of the weather. We always have the Icy Apocalypse in January or February, so that takes a week or so out of the driving season. No real snow to speak of, but they DO use salt and magnesium chloride on the roads; so yeah, daily drivers used in the Winter CAN get rusty here.

So, I'd say 10 - 11 months of good driving weather, assuming we don't get ice storms or the freak blizzard. Basketball-sized hail can be a detriment, too.

Auto Transport Service
Back