• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how much is it worth

Donahue72

Local time
2:45 AM
Reaction score
hey guys i need a little help here.
A guy i work with has a friend that has a 73 charger. I was interested in getting it for parts and or another project. I went to take a look at it and it was bad. The quarters a new but were never painted and they have alot of surface rust and all the bondo is bubbled off. The door jams are barely there and teh hindges are so shot ther doors are almost lambo style. the driver door is rotted out, the rear floors are rotted away. The front floors were replaced but are rivited in. the frame behind the steering box looked like it was or is starting to rot. the front bumper is mangled beyond help. There were alot of parts missing and i couldnt get into the trunk cause the keys were mia. The trunk lid was showing some rot and i know the floors are probally gone. The interior is nice. not a tear in the seats. bucket seats with counsole shift t handle. blue interior. plain jane dash not ralley, didnt look at miles but probally high. after looking everything over i made an offer and he declined yet he doesnt know what the car is worth or what he should even ask for it. so just off of what i have written here what do you think its worth so i can make a better or more reasonable offer or at least let him know what the car is worth. in my eyes its too far gone to save due to the limited repo parts for these cars.

I would start by making a list of what parts are useable, asign a fair market price to the list, divide it in half, subtract towing and storage for a couple months, and offer that. If you don't have a need for any of the parts for yourself, it may be more trouble than its worth to find buyers for the good stuff. The interior sounds promising, but from your description,not much else.Does it run/move under its own power? What drivetrain? May be some value in a big block car

I just sold two partscar 73 Chargers in the last few weeks. In better condition that you are describing. Got $800 for one and $1200 for the other.

If you want it for the interior, offer what you are comfortable paying for the interior. It does seem like the rest is too far gone to be of a lot of use. With the price of steel these days, if you can get a title, the rest may be worth more to a steel recycler than a boneyard. A lady from my church sold a drivable caravan with very cancerous shock towers for $250. Asked the guy who bought it how soon it would be back on the road. He told her he pulled the drivetrain, sold it for 200, and still got 300 bucks for the remaining carcass from a recycler. Don't know that this is the gospel truth, but the guy is not a big BS'er.

Sounds like a great deal if you are a mouse looking for a fancy hotel to live in. I agree with gocubzgo, if you need the interior just offer a price for that, otherwise wait till someone else halls it off to the scrap yard and buy the interior there before it gets crushed. I've seen people follow cars to the scrap yard, in Oklahoma, what else are u supposed to do?

Auto Transport Service
Back