• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How much time to replace a 318 w a 440 68 coronet

I’d recommend getting big block in and running before trying Hemi conversion.

Projects have a problem of sitting after builder gets frustrated or run out of money.

Even though the Hemi conversion has been around awhile, I have never seen one in real life only in magazines. Money would be better spent stroking with good RB heads.

Let's open the hood 1st. :drinks: :D

2 hours...until you get to the bolt that you can only turn 1/32 of a rotation at a time without repositioning the wrench and it takes you 1.5 hours to remove. Then you will snap another bolt and it will take 6 hours to get that out. Add in 4 trips to the auto parts store to get some obscure tool or part you never thought you would need. At least another hour spent cleaning oil/trans fluid/coolant off the garage floor that spilled. There are endless time-sucks that turn every 2 hour job into a 3 day journey. It has almost become a joke in my house when my wife asks how long it will take to do something. She will triple the time I tell her. Unfortunately, she is usually right.
THIS.IS.HOW.IT.WORKS.^

Auto Transport Service
Back