• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

how much would this car be worth ? Help

perhaps it's a "G" in the VIN.

very common mis-read

A "G" is higher on the right side of the letter than a "C".
C_Vs_G_VIN_800.jpg

yep

It's impossible to put a price on a car from pictures. I don't know why guys keep asking this question ??

mate just wanted to know based on the pictures how much would guys pay for it aye
The C code was a 225 and you could have gotten one in 73. On this Resto-Mod is how well it's done, seen really original looking conversions and poorly constructed abortions so without a lot more info it's hard to determine the value. I do this as part of my business and I get calls all the time asking what a car is worth over the phone and all I can say is I need to see it and compare it to other that have sold in the market and take differences into account. Anything else is guessing. If you can buy it for $15K US then you can sort out the issues but it's only a guess as it could've been an east coast rot bucket and full of bondo. Pretty green paint.

The C code was a 225 and you could have gotten one in 73. On this Resto-Mod is how well it's done, seen really original looking conversions and poorly constructed abortions so without a lot more info it's hard to determine the value. I do this as part of my business and I get calls all the time asking what a car is worth over the phone and all I can say is I need to see it and compare it to other that have sold in the market and take differences into account. Anything else is guessing. If you can buy it for $15K US then you can sort out the issues but it's only a guess as it could've been an east coast rot bucket and full of bondo. Pretty green paint.

/6 C code was n/a in 73.
The VIN TAG shows it’s a G.
Post 23 confirms it’s a G.

To obtain max value...like an antique or collector item... if it was born with a 340 it should have a 73 340 in it. Lime green? The 70 stripes? Not my cup a tea

Why is it a 72-74 cant have earlier stripes or colors. It's the same car except, grille, tail lights, markers. What makes a 70-71 so special? If you dont like the late grille. Change it, who cares. It's a hot rod not a Hemi resto. A good E body that's not rusty or full of patches is more important than year.
Doug

I actually like the tail lights on 72-74 E body cars better than 70-71.

...and how many people are skipping over where we found out it's a 318 car?

I actually like the tail lights on 72-74 E body cars better than 70-71.(quote)

The taillights on the 72-74 Barracuda are an obvious copy of the 70-73 Camaro, and the taillights on the 72-74 Challenger are an obvious copy of the early seventies Mercury Comet. Both of the lack the style and originality of the 70-71 E body taillights.

po-tA-to

po-tah-to

pota-toe

Who cares if parts of a car look like another car? I suppose a 70 Cuda is a copy of a 69 Camaro as well. Personal preference. The bottom line swap out what you dont like. Start with a good 72-74 and modify what you want. Way easier than swapping frame rails, inner fenders , floors, 1/4s. Look at the price of rusty 70 /71 hulks. Why are the worth the price of a good 72-74? To many worry about resale value, then spend more than it's worth anyway. Just to keep appearances up for the next owner. Build what you like. Dont build by committee
Doug

Potato =70 /71 Challenger and Barracuda taillights, cool as french fries!
Pot-tah-to = 72 to 74 Barracuda taillights looking like a generic Chevy, like crappy tasting instant potatoes.
Pota-toe = 72-74 Challenger taillights looking like a poor selling Ford product of the early seventies, kinda like having to peel thousands of potatoes, that smell like someone's toes!

I believe it is a $20k car. Now comes the build quality. I wouldn't worry about cleaning up before purchase. But I would get underneath to see frame and unibody conditions. If sound? You can be better secured with a $20+ purchase. Next is motor and trans build. Year? And components information can be vital.

It will never be the $40k+ build due to its mods. But it could be a fun driver that would fit just find at a local show.

In closing? I would put that bar at $20k. If quality of conditions looks favorable in your inspections? Then you can be confident to bid over that $20k to secure purchase.

This of course is in the eye of a "Buyer" And more importantly? JMO.

Last edited:
Show me someone who has purchased a running driving E body with decent paint and no rust holes for 20K. Good luck. Heck for that matter an A body.
Doug

Auto Transport Service
Back