• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How rare is my 1967 Dodge Charger?

Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope to find a good deal like that for my son. He is 12 and we will be starting his project in the next year or sooner for his first car. He really likes the Superbee but he is not getting that so I am thinking a charger of that style for him.

Go for it! I bought a 1966 Charger when my sons were young and it was a great project. They ended up driving it every day to high school. They are neat cars.

I appreciate that!I'll get a pic of the fender tag posted soon and we'll pick it apart.

Is there any place that I can order new headrests or should i just have these recovered?Does anyone make the correct material to recover them?I noticed a small tear in one of them and don't want to leave them like that.

yer gonna have to find an upholstery shop and get them fixed...yer not gonna find any used ones..these were 1967 only.....they are not being reproduced

Bryan

DCP_2606.jpg

DCP_2607-1.jpg

I just hope that I can find a shop that can make the seams correctly.

IMO - because of the uniqueness of the car's option list I'd restore or restify to original, save for safety upgrades if you are going to drive it. Most early Chargers had the console and nuthin' beats having your squeeze sitting next to you so you can have a place to "park" your right hand ;) ;)

Thanks for your opinion.I would like to do away with the drum brakes and go to a 4 wheel power disc set up.The brakes on the car right now are not the originals anyway.They are from a 69 Roadrunner that the guy parted in the 80's.Not sure what size they are exactly,but they almost take up every bit of room in the 14 inch American Racing Wheels.I'm sure they would be ok for what I will do with the car anyway.It's not a hot rod or a drag car,but a cool cruiser and road trip car.

I was not questioning the headrest availability. I was questioning the shape. It appears that from what others have posted here that they are correct and rare indeed.

Is there any place that I can order new headrests or should i just have these recovered?Does anyone make the correct material to recover them?I noticed a small tear in one of them and don't want to leave them like that.

I had the ones for my 67 Satellite done at Just Dashes and they were pearl white like the rest of the interior. They did a magnificent job on them, well worth the expenditure in my opinion.

Thanks Greg!I'll look into that.Sounds like the best option.

I was not questioning the headrest availability. I was questioning the shape. It appears that from what others have posted here that they are correct and rare indeed.

I had a set of seats from a 67 GTX w/headrests and people said there were rare as well...
I think they are more common than people think.. You car has some nice options but its not a rare car and trying to find one of two little details to make it rare is a stretch.
Enjoy it for the nice car that it is. Its not a hemi and wont be worth hemi money ever ( even if it had a cigarette lighter that only 200 cars ever had) but is a decent car and you got a good deal on it. :)

I could be wrong but I don't think those headrests are oringinal. Anyone have a picture of a 67 B body with KNOWN original headrests?

My 67 Charger has them. I'd put up a picture but I'm at work in Kuwait but I can assure you that they are original.

Jeff I have a 1968 dodge charger with almost the same options except power windows. Here is my fender tag. Where can I go to verify production numbers for these options?

CAR: Dodge Charger 2 Door Sports Hardtop
ENGINE: 383cid 4-bbl HP V8
TRANSMISSION: 3-Speed Automatic
TIRES: 7.75x14 White Side Wall
BUILD DATE: October 27.
AXLE: 3.23 Rear Axle Ratio
INTERIOR: Charger Trim Grade, Vinyl Bucket Seats. Black Interior.
PAINT: Monotone Red Paint.
OTHER: Black Upper Door Frame Color.
MOLDINGS:
25: Drip Rail Mouldings
30: Body Belt Mouldings
78: Wheel Lip Mouldings
ABC OPTIONS:
A1: 26in Radiator
B3: Cruise Control
H1: Power Brakes
P6: Rear Seat Speaker
R1: AM Radio
S1: Air Conditioning
T7: Tachometer
X1: Tinted Glass (all)
Y6: Black Vinyl Top
abc OPTIONS:
a6: Console
b4: Bucket Seats
h7: Fender or Hood Mounted Turn Signal Indicators
m6: Driver's Outside Remote Operated Mirror

Nice 67 Charger Bear..i like the options too.as far as what to do to it..it's yours man.do what you want.i would..matter a fact..i have a 67 Coronet.w/a 225.cid..3 speed manual column shift Radio Delete.its pretty rare im sure no options on this car.none.the heater is it..once I get it back to stock orig.w/tons of pics.and documented..im going from the Light Tan.to triple blk..w/a vinyl top,gloss blk.body,interior.you see, we only live once so im going w/the Black combo I always wanted.even if it's a 1 of 1 car.i don't care.im doing it my way.so,do what you feel like doin..take care buddy and God Bless.ya..Barry..(Bear R.-).....hey TekHousE..man,thats a nice car.i love the interior pic you got posted here.very nice..wow..

Auto Transport Service
Back