• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

How rare is this 69 Cornet HP manual

Leo

Local time
8:50 PM
Reaction score
How rare is a 1969 Cornet... this is what has been posted for sale and have been thinking about it but...not sure how valid it is.

"1969 Dodge Coronet 500
Rare car one of 281 built with its numbers matching 383 CI engine and numbers matching 4 speed Hurst equipped manual transmission. There is no fender tag for this vehicle but we have the original broadcast sheet that shows all the options that the car was built with to verify car."

The build sheet was sent to me...

706044584.jpg

Probably pretty rare, but the 500 trim isn’t that great looking and they added the scooped hood which wasn’t available on the 500. It’s been for sale for a long time, maybe close to a year now. They did lower the price some last fall.

We must ask, why isn’t it selling?

Rarity... Desirability... two different animals. Put them together, you got something. Separately, well ... Just because something may be rare, doesn't mean that much. Consider the car for what it is, that's all.

Photos, I don’t like what they have done:
tires too big
dog dish on black wheels
scooped hood
bumblebee stripe

its a 383-4 4 speed coronet 500. Leave it be.

91D2E920-6E58-443E-B8A6-C62BE9F64EEB.jpeg

8266FF0D-132C-40A5-AEEE-8BFD87DFEB50.jpeg

5C78DE76-0F19-40C5-9648-87EC4ED2EC23.jpeg

I think it's a nice car.... I would'nt have added the scoops and stripe either, if they were'nt there originally. I assume they want way too much for it, playing it off like it's something that it's really not???

Insurance beater "build it yourself" Super Bee with a better interior.

I don't mind the hood but I personally wouldn't have done the stripe.....but maybe a "500" stripe.

Car presents well, paint & interior is nice.

Cooling problem built in. No fan spacer, fan teo inches behind shroud.

Every engine bolt is from the hardware store.

newer wiper motor with plastic cover on plate

all painted blue on core suoport and lower air pan

they had their best GM guy work on it

5E313D0E-9EAE-4517-B0FE-B93B58D624BB.jpeg

I once found a 1969 Coronet 500 convertible in a local junk yard. It was red with black bench seat interior. The car was equipped with the orange 383 HP engine and a 4-speed. Bench seats were standard equipment in a 500 convertible; oddly, buckets were an option. The orange HP motor became an option in Coronet's other than SuperBee. Whoever originally ordered this car built himself a SuperBee convertible!

They made 2027 of them for usa with 281 being 4 spd.

it’s neat but most would want the super bee if paying a lot for a car.

Last edited:
Those bolts on the front of the engine look to be reduced head size.

WTH did they do that?

I'd buy it.............................................................. for half their asking price.

Thank for all your supporting information...you guys are awesome!

I once found a 1969 Coronet 500 convertible in a local junk yard. It was red with black bench seat interior. The car was equipped with the orange 383 HP engine and a 4-speed. Bench seats were standard equipment in a 500 convertible; oddly, buckets were an option. The orange HP motor became an option in Coronet's other than SuperBee. Whoever originally ordered this car built himself a SuperBee convertible!

The coronet 500 would not have had an orange 383/4bbl motor from the factory, the 383 in the coroent 500 would have been rated at 330hp so would have been painted turquoise, only the 335hp motors were orange.

This car, as I found it about 30 years ago, had been hit hard in the rear and was pretty rusty. The 4-speed was missing, but the orange engine and bell housing were still there. I salvaged the HP exhaust manifolds, bellhousing, flywheel, pedals and 4-speed hump for my 1967 R/T wagon project. I have read that the orange 335 h.p. 383 engine became optional on Coronets, and believe this motor was original to this car. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

This car, as I found it about 30 years ago, had been hit hard in the rear and was pretty rusty. The 4-speed was missing, but the orange engine and bell housing were still there. I salvaged the HP exhaust manifolds, bellhousing, flywheel, pedals and 4-speed hump for my 1967 R/T wagon project. I have read that the orange 335 h.p. 383 engine became optional on Coronets, and believe this motor was original to this car. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.
1684454394734.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back